Illinois CC Instructors can apply for CCL early!

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by Shade, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Shade

Shade New Member

Damn I am going to purchase a lottery ticket tonight!!!

2. CGS

CGS New Member

Ahh you beat me to it. I was just coming to post.

Since the application process will be so hanky and cumbersome I am putting together an instructional video I will share with my students.

3. Shade

Shade New Member

I did not think the CCI apps were bad or the Curriculum app was bad.

I think the ISP has been doing a decent job, they are just hindered by
    Crooks in Springfield...

4. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

I'm just waiting to see if the website will crash come January 5th. Will it be able to handle the flow of a couple hundred thousand people uploading files?

5. CGS

CGS New Member

The problem is the digital signature website is so outdated and clunky and allows absolutely no margin for error. Alot of people have been having problems with it. Also the application process requires digital photo and certificate which is not a problem for some people, but certainly is for others.

6. CGS

CGS New Member

I truly don't think there will be a couple hundred thousand applicants. Maybe 50,000 in my estimation. Certainly by the end of the year there will be a few hundred thousand but not the first day.

By the way non instructors can begin the application process and proceed up to 70% now and finish the final 30% on Jan 5th.

7. Shade

Shade New Member

I have to give credit to the ISP I think they have done a good job with getting
    this program up and running, has it been perfect, no, but I do not have any
    major complaints and as bugs have cropped up they have worked through
    them in a timely manner.

Once I upgraded my JAVA to the current version I did not have any issues,
    Java was an issue on my machine not with their site. I did not think it was
    clunky, was easy to move through.

Yes as far as a digital photo and electronic certificate, I see an extra service I
    can provide for my students down the road.

The whole application include scanning my doc taking my photo and creating
    my digital id and accounts was less than 30 minutes. Not counting the time
    to upgrade my Windows system and Java software.

If even that many I know a lot of my students are waiting to see how it fires
    up the first week or two, then they are going to get their prints/TCN number
    and then apply.

8. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

This is going to be a Historic moment for gun owners in every state. When the first Illinois Residents are issued a CCW it will represent one of the the most important firearms decisions in the country.
    Everyone who claims the American court system does not work needs to rethink their views.:)

9. CGS

CGS New Member

I don't want to argue, but JAVA should not be a requirement. I purposely don't have it on my machines because it is known for security issues, and I try to run as few 3rd party add ons as possible. The digital signature can be done without JAVA, and just because you and I know how to install JAVA doesn't mean everyone knows. It's a hurdle that simply should not exist. It's not necessarily the ISP fault because the digital signature is something used on multiple Illinois government websites, but it is outdated and clunky.

Furthermore if you read the faq's for digital signature it requires IE. Some people told me they were able to do it with firefox. I was not. Infact I had to downgrade my IE version to make it work, wouldn't work with IE11. Again I am talking about the digital signature website being clunky. Don't you think a government website should be cross browser compatible? Lots of people with Chrome told me no how no way.

Lots of people complaining at Illinois Carry, which isn't unusual LOL however when it's more so than usual and the complaints are very similar; there might be something to it.

I agree with the 30 minutes, I coulda done it quicker if I had my document already scanned and pic already taken. I didn't know what format they would want so I purposely hadn't done any of that until I knew.

Personally speaking, I wish the state police completely did away with the digital signature thing and it would be a much much quicker process. The hardest part is the darned digital signature. A very many people had problems with that.

10. Shade

Shade New Member

No argument, just fair discussion. While I agree that it would be nice to be
    cross compatible, that cost money and tax dollars, even if it is minimal, yes
    they do waste far more in Springfield daily than it would really cost.

But the same argument could be made for people who do not own a
    computer, how do they apply. The should have a snail mail and paper option
    but that cost money they save a lot of man hours having citizen enter the
    data.

PS. I have IE10 and it worked fine once I updated my JAVA.

11. CGS

CGS New Member

FWIW paper applications will be made available by June (or July). Alot of pressure from the NRA on JCAR, JCAR told ISP to make paper applications available, and then LOL Quinn put out a press release saying it was his idea. Hah! Friggin politics.

12. Shade

Shade New Member

Had not heard that, that is good to know to pass on.