Illinois Carry Conceal License, Status APPROVED

Discussion in 'Illinois Gun Forum' started by CGS, Jan 20, 2014.

1. CGS

CGS New Member

I checked my status online at the ISP website and have been approved for my carry conceal license. History continues!

Expires Jan 20th, 2019.

2. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

congratulations! although when you think about it, seems silly that we get excited about being granted a right our constitution already affords us....I went through the same thing in Minnesota and it 'only' cost me $100 for training class and $100 for the CCW

Oh well....better to be legal than not. Carry on!

3. JW357

JW357 New Member

Congrats.

4. CGS

CGS New Member

It IS silly, but has been such a long battle that today is a sweet day. The day my license arrives by mail (maybe Friday or next week?) will be like Christmas! Hoping to have it in hand for my next carry conceal class on the 25th.

5. byxlaw

byxlaw Member Supporter

CGS, congrats! Cook county - wonderful!
    I suspect this will become a sticky. With this, a suggestion. Next 'approved' person advise of his/her county/locality, date applied, date approved, and date received when arrives.
    Congratulations again.

6. Shade

Shade New Member

Woohoo, Congrats. I saw your post, checked mine and I am approved too!!!!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  7. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

Congrats. It is like Christmas. I got my permit for Indiana last Thursday. I waited by the mailbox for 10 months.

8. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Congrats!!!!!!

9. Shade

Shade New Member

Ten months?!? Really???

10. lowceiling5611

lowceiling5611 New Member

Congrats!

I just recently got mine (Kansas) as well. It sucks having to shell out the ~$200 for the process for a Constitutional right....but better to be legal than not.

11. foot2400

foot2400 New Member

Shade

Yeah really lol. I applied feb 13th of last year and just got it last week. I have a little bit of a history in my younger years so I'm guessing that might have been why.

12. Shade

Shade New Member

If I thought the $200 was well spent I would not mind it so much,
    but the fact it is wasted is what really torques me...

Congrats on getting it!!!

13. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

Very happy for you! Hope I can be next. I have my class completion certificate, the Virginia Application for Concealed Handgun Permit filled out and just need to get to the Court House to pay my $15.00 and take the oath.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  14. Shade

Shade New Member

not so fast...

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am a terrible procrastinator. I have yet to get the ball rolling in regards to getting my CCL.

16. CGS

CGS New Member

What part of Northern IL? North East? I have a Gurnee class coming up in March :)

Still waiting for my friggin license to come by mail. Applied > Under Review > Approved> Oops Back Under Review because the state isn't ready > some other people have gotten emails yesterday saying they will be sent their license in the next 30 days > :confused:

17. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Did you submit fingerprints also ? and when did you apply ?

18. CGS

CGS New Member

Yes as an carry conceal instructor I had to submit finger prints. I applied for my carry conceal license December 18th.

This approval then back under review happened to everyone who was approved January 19th.

You may want to log in and check out your status. Also for what it is worth, those who got their approval letters yesterday are reporting their status on the ccl4illinois website is showing as still under review.

19. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Ahhh gotcha , I did not do mine until Jan 5th . Are they contacting people by email with the approval letters ?

20. CGS

CGS New Member

On late January 28th early January 29th, the ccl4illinois website was down for maintenance. When the website came back up dozens of people got emails dated a month prior saying that their CCL was approved and would be mailed within 30 days. If these same people check the ccl4illinois website they are still "under review".

For what it is worth, I have NEVER gotten an email from the ISP, not about training or my license. Nothing. ETA, I take that back, I got one email saying I could apply early and asking me how many students I had trained.

My suspicion is the emails sent Jan 29th were phantom emails that were supposed to be sent Dec 29th but never got sent and the reboot somehow sent them.