LATE BREAKING ALERT NEXT VOTE ON SEMI AUTO BAN WILL TAKE PLACE SUNDAY
YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
After getting nowhere in the Senate, the gun controllers have taken their
campaign to destroy your rights to the Illinois House. Earlier today,
Amendment #1 to SB2899 was introduced in the Illinois House of
Representatives. Sponsored by rabidly anti-gun Rep. Eddie Acevedo, the
amendment would do two things to you:
1. It would pick your pocket to pay for the confiscation and destruction of your own guns.
2. It would ban more than 50% of the rifles and more than 80% of handguns owned by Illinois citizens.
THIS BILL WILL BE VOTED ON BY THE HOUSE JUDICIARY 1 COMMITTEE ON
SUNDAY AFTERNOON YOU MUST ACT NOW!
To help save your guns, please contact the following Representatives and
politely tell them that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you do
not support SB2899 and that you expect them to vote the amendment down.
1. Rep. Elaine Nekritz,. (217) 558-1004 and (847) 257-0450
2. Rep. John Bradley, (217) 782-1051 and (618) 997-9697
3. Rep. Jill Tracy, (217) 782-8096 and (217) 223-0833
4. Rep. Michael Connelly, (217) 782-8028 and (630) 579-4848
5. Rep. Dwight Kay, (217) 782-8018 and (618) 307-9200
6. Rep. Lou Lang, (217) 782-1252 and (847) 673-1131
7. Rep. Sid Mathias, (217) 782-1664 and (847) 222-0061
8. Rep. André M. Thapedi, (217) 782-1702 and (773) 873-4444
9. Rep. Arthur Turner, (217) 782-8116 and (773) 277-4700
10. Rep. Ann Williams, (217) 782-2458 and (773) 880-9082
11. Rep. Michael Zalewski, (217) 782-5280 and (708) 442-6500
REMEMBER THE AMENDMENT TO SB2899 WILL BE VOTED ON IN COMMITTEE
SUNDAY AFTERNOON START CALLING THESE REPRESENTATIVES BEGINNING
SATURDAY AND CONTINUE CALLING THRU SUNDAY
I am writing this to you to voice my opinion as a Citizen of Illinois, Veteran of the US Navy and Desert Storm and as a voter.
From what I have heard in the news and on the internet; Senator Dianne Feinstein is proposing a sweeping gun ban. I am voicing my strong opposition to this and any legislation that would add any restrictions what so ever to firearm ownership. We, especially in Illinois, need to relax the current unconstitutional restrictions we have to date to allow all law-abiding citizens full access to firearms.
The Second Amendment was written to make clear that the private citizens of this Republic would have available the means to prevent Tyranny from oppressing its citizens. Any restriction of firearm ownership is a step toward Tyranny.
To quote the journalist, Tiffany Madison:
“As modern philosopher Roderick Long wrote, ‘Forbidding private citizens to own [common] guns while allowing police and soldiers to carry them is a violation of moral equality – a reserving of weapons to the powerful while denying them to the powerless.’
“For an administration determined to ‘equal the playing field’ and ‘promote fairness’, is it a contradiction to advocate removing beloved, legally-acquired firearms from citizens while civil servants are allowed to own them?
“Additionally, the Second Amendment does not safeguard sport or hunting. The intention of the Second Amendment was to provide the people with means to protect their rights against individual and organized aggressors both foreign and domestic. The Second Amendment is not a grant to the people, but a restriction on the federal government. To Americans familiar with history and the Constitution, suggestions otherwise are blasphemous.
Please support me, your constituent, in strong opposition to any new firearms restrictions of any kind.
Are you serious that sucks badwizman86 said:Yeah but don't hold your breath. Emanuel the *** is trying to push more through everyday. And periwinkle don't even want to talk about that ***. We need to keep on our toes and jump all over anything that comes up. Right now they are trying to push the 48 hour law that can make honest gun owners criminals. Not good.