Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Administrator
1,993 Posts
@BRASS Man - Welcome to the site. Please wander over to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself. You will also want to familiarize yourself with this thread (it has good information about the site): So yer new here, huh?, and this thread (our community rules): FirearmsTalk.com Community Rules.

· Supporting Member
15,480 Posts
Brass,

My point is at the present time I am going to wait until close to the time elapses before I do anything. If it comes down to it, I will take the Brace off until I can legally make it an SBR. If I have to do that? But if I do, "screw them" I will put a 6-position collapsible stock on it making it a true SBR and put into my Estate!
To be honest I have not shot my AR with the brace that much. But have another use for it with the Brace being on there that is when I travel. Yes I have a couple of pistols with me but also like a little more firepower with me, so that is where the AR Pistol with the Brace come into play. Here is how I carry it on the road! (Picture Below) "Tennis Anyone!" :p

But since the 5th US District Appeals Court just reversed the ban on Bump Stocks last week for Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. I am hoping in the 120-day period something will happen regarding the Brace. You can bet there will be a few thousand lawsuits filed against the Brace Ban and also due to taxation in the next few weeks. ;)

Font Mouse Input device Carmine Logo

Reactions: Bigcat and 9mil

· Premium Member
15,888 Posts
Last count I saw there were 8 lawsuits filed. The bump stock case pretty much told the ATF no but they are deliberately thwarting SCOTUS. This may not bode well for the ATF.
My pistols do not have and never had braces. They are not needed. Look up Demonstrated Concepts on utube. If I were forced to comply I would go the same route as Sniper03 and put a real stock on it. I would have to change my buffer tubes to do it.
The ATF is waiving tax stamp fees for a limited time but there has to be a catch. Does anyone here trust them?
There are specific instructions on line. Go to the ATF website. You will have to pass a background check, submit fingerprints and photos of your pistols. Once the pistols are registered they can not be altered.

· Registered
4,091 Posts
I'm the owner of two firearms with braces, Now known as SBR's! What processes do I need to take regarding their registration and tax stamp purchases?
It appears the exact process has not been deicded on.
The ATF did just publish their "ruling" recently.
They also gave a time window by which it would have to be done and it was not real short.
So no one is "an instant felon" just yet.

· Registered
110 Posts
First thing you do is not talk about owning one on the internet. Secondly, if you do talk about it you speak in general terms for educational purposes only about someone named pat you met at the bus stop once and struck up a conversation about it

· Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Last count I saw there were 8 lawsuits filed. The bump stock case pretty much told the ATF no but they are deliberately thwarting SCOTUS. This may not bode well for the ATF.
My pistols do not have and never had braces. They are not needed. Look up Demonstrated Concepts on utube. If I were forced to comply I would go the same route as Sniper03 and put a real stock on it. I would have to change my buffer tubes to do it.
The ATF is waiving tax stamp fees for a limited time but there has to be a catch. Does anyone here trust them?
There are specific instructions on line. Go to the ATF website. You will have to pass a background check, submit fingerprints and photos of your pistols. Once the pistols are registered they can not be altered.
I know they already know everything about me (it's very dull) but heck if I'm going through any more finger prints (they aren't on file, background checks, prostate checks, china virus checks, or anything else to help the bastages continue to employ far too many "do nothing" federal employees. I live in a fed. govt. town and you would be disgusted to know how many of them do literally nothing. Come to work, sit behind a desk or "work from home", B.S all day, then go home. Do it enough years and you get a really peachy retirement and health care. Your tax dollars "at work".

· Premium Member
15,888 Posts
I have 2 legal suppressors so they already know about me.

Reactions: 9mil

· Premium Member
15,888 Posts
If you read the fine print, they have discretionary power so if they think it is an SBR it is an SBR no matter how many points you have or don't have.

· Registered
110 Posts
At this point does anyone really believe the government doesn't know who you are, where you are, or what you have at any given time if you haven't acquired from the black market? Any form filled out I have to think they know about, even in non- registration states for "legal" devices

The only difference is if that info is used they "should" be using it for a legitimate reason, like via a warranty

· Administrator
1,993 Posts

· Registered
5,274 Posts
I don't even understand why SBR's are a thing anyways... It was just made to close a loophole when the national firearms act was going to include pistols and revolvers, so you didn't just cut down a rifle or shotgun to a "pistol". But that part was excluded from the act .... So I can own a pistol or a rifle but not a rifle with a short barrel? What sense is that?

And interestingly the length of the barrel changed from 18 inches to 16 inches after the Gov't sold a bunch a M1 carbines on the surplus market after WWII

· Premium Member
15,888 Posts
Consider that the ATF said if you have a braced pistol you are a felon and they want you to send them the evidence.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts