Ignore Gun Free Zones...Case in point, CO Shooting

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Tackleberry1, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

I have been advocating and exercising a personal policy of ignoring "gun free" zones for many years now.

1. Concealed means concealed
    2. Consequences for ignoring GFZ's are MINOR
    3. Consequences for obeying GFZ's are DEALDY

Let the debate begin...:)

Tack

2. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

Glad you brought this up. What exactly are the consequences for ignoring the sign?

3. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

It varies by state, in KY there are no consequences... venture a guess where my Glock 19 stays.

4. vincent

vincent New Member

You can be asked to leave the premises...if you refuse, a simple tresspass charge...at least that's the law here.

I ignore the crap out of those signs unless a metal detector is involved (couthouses) and I don't feel a bit bad about it...CONCEALED IS CONCEALED. I jumped through all those hoops just do get the stinkin' permit Im not about to be hamstringed by some idiotic sign...

5. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

I'm exempt from those signs but I tell my friends and family, "Concealed is concealed. What they don't know can't hurt you."

6. dsstrpc_88

dsstrpc_88 New Member

Here you just can't go into government buildings ie post office etc.....

7. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

On private property a business owner, "if they notice it" can ask you to leave. If you comply there are no consequences...if you refuse, they can trespass you which would mean a possible citation for trespass.

On public property, such as schools, penalties differ by jurisdiction but tend to fall into the "misdemeanor" category...pay a fine and your done with possible loss of your CCW.

My point is that CONCEALED MEANS CONCEALED, if a person lacks the intellect to successfully conceal a handgun, perhaps they should reconsider carrying all together.

History has proven that the MOST DANGEROUS places we visit are GFZ's. Why on earth would any rational person who's already exercising there right to personal security sacrifice this right when the potential consequences on both sides are SOOOO completely lopsided?

Many CCW holders refer to non gun folks as sheeple. I maintain that any CCW holder who obeys GFZ's are the BIGGEST sheeple walking the earth. :rolleyes:

For you Zombiegirl, being an educator, the penalty of carrying at work could very well end your career. :eek:

My company too has a "no weapons" policy which I choose to ignore because for me, my safety and the safety of my coworkers trumps my current paycheck.

Paychecks can be replaced...lives can not.

Tack

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  8. sputnik1988

That's here too, schools, post office, court house, police station/sheriffs office.

Can't carry in a business that makes a majority of profit from alcoholic beverages either, but I don't go to bars so I'm good.

9. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

A GFZ not backed up with metal detectors, a secure perimeter, and armed guards is NOT a GFZ. It's simply and extention of some liberal utopian wet dream...:rolleyes:

Are you willing to die or watch others die to satisfy someone elses utopian ideals?:rolleyes:

My local courthous and Airport are the only real GFZ's I encounter and I do obey these...not because "it's the law" but because they meet the criteria of a secured perimeter, metal detectors, and armed security.

Tack

10. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

It would be best to just say what each state has for violating this law and not go into who is doing what.

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

what are these firearms restrictions you all speak of? :eek: :confused:

Here in VT, it's carry cocnealed to your hearts content :cool:

:p

12. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

I move we rename GFZs murder zones!

13. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

My work has a no firearm on property, but since I work in Illinois I have it locked in the glove box which is completely stupid!!! I hope that Illinois will see some kind of light, but the Colorado shooting probably will not help. Some people at my work knows I have it in my glove box and no one has said anything.

14. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

My employer too has a "no weapons" policy but he lacks hardware and personal to make his edict anymore than a shield from litigation which shows zero concern for my safety. For ^^THIS^^ reason, I choose to ignore his policy.

I'll find out how he feel about my blatant disregard for his judgement when and if I'm forced to save his life...:rolleyes:

15. dsstrpc_88

dsstrpc_88 New Member

Lol your lucky enough to be in the 2 states that allow concealed carry without a permit. Alaska being the other

16. sputnik1988

Honestly, now that I think about it... this is a public forum for all to see, the last thing we need is to post about breaking the law.

We are responsible law abiding gun owners. We dont need a visitor or new member thinking otherwise.

17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

tell that to the victims and thier families in Aurora CO :cool:

18. sputnik1988

It is much easier to change someone's opinion for the worse than for the better. My point was not to say don't carry in GFZ's but not to post it for everyone to see, then it makes us LOOK like the bad guy.:(

19. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I think the point is that no matter what you try to portray to these type of people, logic is thrown out the window and their opinion is already established. I for one am tired of trying to go along to get along. They don't follow those same rules and beat us about the head and shoulders to push their opinions and agendas. It is high time to treat them the same way and do as we please.

20. vincent

vincent New Member

In most states the "No guns" signs don't carry the weight of the law but are simply store/business policy...not including the obvious exceptions...courthouses, airports, gov't facilities etc. I look at it as more of a civil disobedience thing, not malicious law breaking. I don't think anyone is going to log on here and say 'I'm taking my roscoe to the courthouse today, screw the law'...If they do, they'll get gone fast...