If you're planning to buy, it may be now or never

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by wjnfirearms, Apr 10, 2012.

1. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

The Black Rifle shortage has begun in earnest. I just went to price one for a client today and the distributors are in short supply of virtually all of the makes. It seems that the current binge of panic buying has hit the AR market especially hard and distributors are having difficulty getting inventory. Last week, my rep at Davidsons told me that they got in 100 ARs (didn't mention makes) and they were scarfed by dealers in 4 1/2 minutes. That has to be some kind of record.

So, don't be surprised if finding a new AR becomes a quest very soon. I know the cheaper models have disappeared in the stock of several distributors already.

2. gunnovice09

gunnovice09 New Member

Great I'm no where near enough money to by mine yet.

3. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

I think its funny that people think the right to bear is going to go away. NRA is one of the biggest lobbyists in the country, and if they did take it away, all hell would break lose. so IMHO if you cant get one now, just wait until elections are over and then buy it. just my .02$

4. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

Me neither.

5. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Are you old enough to remember the assualt rifle ban?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

I do believe the nra was around then.

6. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I remember it. We also had this thing called prohibition, which would never happen, because people drank and we had breweries around. Anyone that thinks the government cannot and will not change laws suddenly to gain more control should start a pot of coffee, cause they need to wake up.

7. Kinetics

Kinetics New Member

Well from the short amount of time that i have lived, those are the things that have been taught to me from parents/teachers so that is why is said its just my opinion :D But i guess only time will tell Btw im only 15 so i do not remember any assault rifle ban

8. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Even more recently than the assault weapons ban, I remember the election season 4 years ago. When ammo became difficult to find and black guns skyrocketed in price. Then I remember 6 months after the election when prices stabilized and everyone had guns and ammo in stock.

9. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I don't usually worry about first terms in office. I didn't worry when we had Clinton in office, either. Nor Carter, regardless of the fact Carter was retarded. But D'ohbama? He concerns me. Especially with his 'wait until after I win the election' crack.
    I really don't think we've ever had a president as arrogant and power mad as this one.

10. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Nobody is blaming you for being young, it has happened before to all of us. The link I sent is from wikipedia but will give you the basics. I'm glad you are interested in 2a and guns. You my friend have a huge responsibility, you are the future. Educate yourself and stay vigilant!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  11. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

glad we bit the bullet and got my wifes the other day. was going to wait a few more weeks... looks like its time to start building some. lol

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

It is not a question of if Obama will try to ban guns, it is a question of when he will try to ban guns. It wont be just an assault weapon ban either.

13. downsouth

downsouth New Member

It will be on the agenda in his second term.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1

This article was written before fast and furious broke into the news. You can sure see them laying the ground work.

14. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

15. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

Agreed. There is a few other things on his agenda as well. Reasons why so many people are preparing for SHTF. Just a hunch and my opinion but I think Obama wants to be our last president, IE marshal law and the recent signing of the bill that allows the government to detain and imprison suspected terrorist without TRIAL. According to the government a suspected terrorist had a few things that peaks the governments interest: guns and ammunition, more than 7 days of food, missing fingers, and weather proofed ammunition.

My wife hates the fact that I spend money on guns and ammunition, which doesn't make sense because she knows what's coming as much as I do.

16. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Although I understand your concerns, I am kind of doubtful of an all out weapons ban in the next 4 or even ten years. Both the assault weapons ban and prohibition were eventually let go and I think a new law that even had a chance of passing would be quickly defeated. And the question of when Obama will try it, well, bills are constantly being brought up for and against gun rights and gun control, it's just they very seldom pass. We all need to remember before Obama can pass a bill it has to go through both the House and Senate and if our representatives fail to stop the bill or any bills putting a huge restriction on any of the first ten amendments, the people will rise to oppose it. If enough people oppose it and let their congressmen know they do, he or she will vote it down in order to keep their seat. We all need to vote for the right people, but it doesn't stop there. If you don't like a bill that is being passed, write your congressmen about it, that means all of your senators and house of representatives. If you get others to do the same, it will get their attention. Everyone also needs to remember the taxes we pay on guns and ammo, which help fund the government big time. Before they make a major step, you better believe they're gonna look at their income and how it will affect the budget. So for me I am not particularly worried about what will happen in the near future but encourage all to look to the distant future. Make steps now like joining the NRA and being vocal with your opinions to let others know, we must never let our guard down because if we do, they will slowly take away rights in the future. Like my preacher says, we need to stand up and speak out for ourselves instead of letting the antis take control of everything. The time to act is now and will always be now. Because if you don't act now, it will come back to bite you later. If you don't you will see what I have seem happen to Christianity in this country due to lack of action. People are trying to take out "One nation under God" and take the Ten Commandments out of court houses. Did you know our students are required (at least in Georgia) to know the five pillars of Islam for standardized tests but have to know very little about Christianity other than its founder. Don't let guns be undermined like Christianity has been. Take action NOW so we don't get rolled over later!

17. wjnfirearms

wjnfirearms New Member

I also don't believe that an all out ban is in the offing. Still, never say never in regard to so called "assault weapons". I don't think too many people were concerned until Clinton did what he did. I'm not going to get panic stricked quite yet. I might stock up on ammo a bit more, mainly to get ahead of the predicted price hikes.

18. tCan

tCan Active Member

As an atheist, I consider it a massive insult that marriage is consecrated by the government. It goes both ways.

The way you're talking is deceptive, and just as much a lie as any politician has told before.

19. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

And don't forget that this clown is a big fan of executive orders so he can bypass congress and the senate.

20. downsouth

downsouth New Member

That would be a whole nother thread.