if you won the lottery

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by stoppingpower, Jan 13, 2012.

1. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Let's say u win 7 million what would u do.... id buy a 7 million dollar car

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'd buy a house, probably around 100k or so, get my wife her dream car, get myself a few old classics to lovingly restore over the rest of my natural life, and chill the f### out!

A massive shop/garage would have to go with the resto projects, well equipped of course.

The rest, I'd invest it and watch it grow.

3. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I would invest a few hundred thousand in my property. Save the rest.

4. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Part of my investment would be a 5000 square foot shop with an indoor shooting range and two or three car lifts to work on my projects..... Set up the underground bunker. all of that.

5. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Id still come to work and be an ******* to everyone and try and get fired lol

6. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I'd put about $1,000,000 into property, house, motorized toys and guns. The rest I would invest and live off the interest.

7. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

That would be a problem for me seeing as I am self employed.

8. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

I'd spend a few tens of thousands on research of accounting firms and when I found the one, I'd have them manage and invest the rest and live off the interest/investment income.

Edited to add: There'd be a purchase I'd make first, though. My dream property/ranch in eastern Texas. That's where I'm going to retire so that might take around a million to finance.

9. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

7 mil. OK, take the payout (at our age do you think you'll collect 20 years?), that cuts it down to about 1/2. So now you have 3.5 mil. I don't know the tax rates on gambling, but I think you'd end up with around $2.5 mil.
    Once upon a time, I had all the figures worked out, but now I'm not worried about it.
    But, what would I do?

1 Set my two kids up with 500k trust funds. Untouchable until they're 35 years old.

2 Give my sister 500k, just because. She's always been there for me.

3 Buy myself a new car and do a bit of travelling in the US. I'm used to living on the road, and can do it affordably.

10. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I would come to work and tell every ******* there that THEY'RE fired lol

11. jordan89

jordan89 New Member

I'd buy a bunch of land in Montana, build a house, and buy a few guns. You guys would never hear from me again. I'd be completely separated from the world.

12. zedpapa

zedpapa Member Supporter

First, I would buy a house with property and a well equipped shop. Then, I would take care of family and friends. Then, I would get a McClaren S7 Twin Turbo. Not sure what to do with the rest except buy an arsenal and plenty of ammo

Brian

13. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Start my own firearms company, and make "obsolete" and the guns that never really caught on .... Care to guess what my first would be?

(Yes, Trip the first one off the line is yours.....;) )

Forgot..... Gotta get my two dream cars a DeLorean and a Tucker!

14. stoppingpower

stoppingpower New Member

Opening up a rang would be fun with all the "works" and in would be semi profitable

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

On thinking about it I would buy an RV park that is out of the way and on a huge piece of land. The RV park would be on the highway, there would be a diner in front and then a gun range would be out back. There would also be an indoor pistol range for wintertime. The house would be a mile away from the highway. Cheap rates on everything. FTF members could stay one night for free if I can join them on the range and shoot their guns.

16. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

With my overall health, I would take the lump sum payout. Half of that would go to the taxes.:mad:

Then...

1. Set up a trust fund for my step daughter. Payout at 35 if she has atleast a 4 year degree in something other than liberal arts.

2. Pay of my dad's and my grandfather's house, and set both of them up with a trust to pay the bills and taxes.

3. Move the @%$! out of New York state!

4. Buy land in a gun friendly state, and set up a hunting ranch. FTF members always welcome if they are willing to share the meat from their kills, or to drop by and visit.

5. Make up for lost time with my wife and kid, my pets, and my collection.

17. shadamai

shadamai New Member

I'd pay off my parents' mortgage, my brother's student loans, and my own student loans as well. I would buy some land and have a reasonably sized home built (nothing too ridiculous) with a sturdy storm cellar. There would be a place out back to shoot and lots of room for gardens. I'd like to help out my grandparents if possible, but they are SUPER stubborn. I would stock up on basic supplies and then use the rest for saving/investing/possibly starting a business.

18. Magnum27

Magnum27 New Member

1. I have minimal debt but would pay it off.
    2. Give my parents anything they need for retirement. They are in their 70's.
    3. Take care of my sister financial - long story.
    4. Travel the world
    5. Buy a small yacht.
    6. Begin a startup business.
    7. Give to Cancer charity.

19. mark1616

mark1616 New Member

Desert acreage, mobile home in the center, and an under ground storage/bunker type basement thing. Maybe a Jeep too, heh heh. The rest in interest earning investments.

20. Reaper61

Reaper61 New Member

The very first thing I would do is go take a GIANT $#!T on my 1SG desk and then show him my bank account so I could get out of the Army!!! Then move to somewhere like Colorado/Montana/Wyoming buy some land and build a house. Set up college money for my daughter. Invest the rest so I can live of it. Spend the rest of my life building my gun collection and hunting/fishing!