If you were in battle life depended on your rifle what would you take and why?

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Hdq, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Hdq

Hdq New Member

If you had to go to battle and werent able to clean your rifle as much as youd like and the rifle was going to be exposed to snow, ice, mud, rain, heat, sand, humidity, jungle, dessert, arctic , conditions sea water salt water and everything else what would you take and why?

2. pfev1980

pfev1980 New Member

I'd pack a good pair of boots since that'd be a hell of a trip. I've seen just about all those conditions with an M-16 with limited cleaning ability (most times the cleaning kit in the buttstock and sometimes just a water rinse) and it has always performed. It's not what I would call self cleaning, but it's more rugged than people give it credit for. It's not like you are firing thousands of rounds between wipe downs either. Most engagements involve a round count you can add up on your fingers and even if you fired all the rounds you carried that's probably less than 300. If you are too lazy to at least wipe down your rifle every 300 rounds well, you probably aren't real tactically sound anyway and you won't be carrying it long regardless. The heat and cold are going to affect the round more than the rifle, but that salt water and desert sand is going to be rough on any piece of equipment with moving parts. No matter what rifle you take, it will require a lot of lube and frequent care at a minimum.

3. Hdq

Hdq New Member

Id just take an ak47 thats just me :) ar15 are nice too with the ak there is much less cleaning it is known as a mudgun it can be burried for 18 years and be fired after cleaned and dunked in motor oil and still shoot know thats reliable to me :)

4. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Specifically, an AK47, immune to dirt, mud, grime, sand, water, and political crap. :D

5. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Dont feel bad if your thread doesnt get a million hits, this kinda thing has been done alot. As to answer your question i would want a howitzer and a bunker.

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i was thinking i would really love to have a gunship... the c130 type.. im pretty sure that would work well against many enemys.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

One battle with all those conditions?

FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250_1__original.jpg

8. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

On second thought, i think i would take my Bible and a lot of beer.

9. Kdub

Kdub New Member

Apache helicopter

10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Plasma rifle in the 30 KW power range.

11. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Seems like your setup for the question was created in such a way to require the AK47 as the "right" answer.

In what battle would you never have the downtime to clean?

Without the stupid setup, I'd choose AR-15 every day!!

12. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Be honest partner...are you just looking for informed opinions so you pick the right weapons for your next Halo adventure?

13. cvia

cvia New Member

An M1 Garand. Enough said.

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I'd want a radio, a carrier off shore, close fire support and one each Spooky AC-130 circling overhead.

15. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

16"/50 caliber Mk 7 gun, mounted on an Iowa class battleship. Surrounded
    by a full battle/carrier group. W-A-Y far away from the point where the
    bullet hits the mud.:)

16. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

My thundergun. Shoots a plasma shockwave. Only need an extension cord and I'm good to go.

17. Seven

Seven New Member

Uranium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator

18. clearsights

clearsights New Member

One unused Genie bottle. That Alladdin had it made!

19. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

Red Ryder carbine action, 200 shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time.

20. woody63m

woody63m New Member

Automatic laser guided heat seeking high explosive tomahawk launcher