If you were deserted on an unknown island???

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by Big-Nasty, May 27, 2012.

1. Big-Nasty

Big-Nasty New Member

If you were deserted on an unknown island what one firearm would you carry if you had the choice. You have unlimited mags, ammo, but no cleaning gear.

2. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

My Smith & Wesson M & P 15-22. Holds 25 and doesn't get too dirty.

3. PlaysWithZombies

PlaysWithZombies New Member

Mossberg 500. Birdshot for smaller prey, and if you're "lucky" enough to be on an island with larger prey you've got buckshot or slugs. And it's a very low maintenance firearm.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

If I have to chose from one I already own, it would be my .357 magnum revolver.

As for any gun, I guess it would have to be a shotgun, though I'm not too good at shooting them.

5. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

Bow and arrows, since there are no ammo supply stores on a deserted island.

Attached Files:

6. 94browninghunt

94browninghunt New Member

Shoobee, smart thinking, I'd easily pick a bow too, a recurve!

Firearm: remington 870 shotgun :)

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  7. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I think I could get by without a firearm. Can I choose Ginger or Mary Ann instead?

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

9. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

A firearm would do you little good because eventually you are going to run out of ammo.

10. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

I don't have a convenient photo of my recurve. It breaks down however into a convenient carrying pack, about the size of a typical coat hanger, with the limbs splitting off the bridge, for travel. The 3 major parts fit together within a convenient carrying case. I can only hope that I would have it with me were I to be stranded somewhere.

More likely I would need to build a bow out of bootlaces and stone tools and wood.

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

If we are going to play Robison Crusoe, then a pump shotgun. The biggest thing I would be likely to find on an island is feral pig, or feral human.

OTOH, anything made by Glock or High Point. Would not be long before someone would just HAVE to stop by, and tell me what a poor choice of guns I had made, and I would be rescued.

12. bkt

bkt New Member

This is a hypothetical situation and per the OP, YOU HAVE UNLIMITED MAGS AND AMMO. It's fictitious. Not real. Not realistic. Not even possible. But for the sake of argument, you WILL NOT RUN OUT OF AMMO.

Me, I'll go with either a Mossberg 500 or a Remington 870.

13. Vincine

Vincine New Member

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

pump shotgun with birdshot, buckshot and flareshot! just in case there's a passing ship!:D

15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I am in agreement with the 870. It will do all jobs any other single firearm will do. Other firearms "specialize" in performance and can surpass the 870 in individual tasks, but the shotgun will put food on the table and keep the boogie men away from the table.

16. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Oh, I didn't know there was such a thing. I'd like to change my choice please. ;)

17. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

I have to go with my 870. Great gun.

18. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

How about a water gun! You can't drink salt water and if there is no source of fresh water you'll get dehydrated. With a water gun and unlimited supply of fresh water I'm set!

19. trip286

trip286 New Member

And we have a winner!

20. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Vincine- yep. Like these.

12_ga_signal_flares.jpg