If you own an AR pistol you are now a,felon.

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Ghost1958, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

The ATF has declared that the brace on your AR pistol is a " shouldering device " and what was your AR pistol is now a SBR.

2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

They made us felons, big difference.

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The brace is the problem, not the AR pistol.

4. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

the problem is in the inconsistent application of an arbitrary determination of a bureaucratic decision without the force of a true law.

the problem is that political appointee of a former president can make a thing that was determined legal illegal at the stroke of a pen.

the problem is that any random dipstick with a word processor can write to a government agency asking a question about a rule that was never legislated and get a random answer in writing, which will not agree with the random answer they would have received if the letter had landed one desk over in any direction, and these random contradicting answers are treated as law.

5. Triumphman

Triumphman Well-Known Member

The problem of 3-letter agencies making decisions, is that one month things are ok to make into law, then changing their mind months down the road once they know millions of people have bought an item that 3-letter agency deemed legal to have. What government needs to do is abolish these 3-letter agencies and put the government back into the hands of the people, where it rightfully belongs. The government is making laws for you and me, but not for thee, which needs to change.

6. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

I suppose I get the concept of closing a "loophole" of a law. Assuming the NFA is constitutional and lawful (which, IMO, it's not, by a long shot), it has always surprised me that a "pistol" could be allowed to have a brace of any sort yet escape being categorized as a shoulder-stabilized rifle.

Doesn't surprise me they're making this change. Also doesn't surprise me it has occurred post-election, though possibly that's coincidence.

Once a handful of the simpler RKBA stuff gets challenged successfully and erased by SCOTUS (as unconstitutional constraints), hopefully an enterprising group will have the "right" case come along that'll take aim squarely upon the NFA itself. Not likely, anytime soon, but it'd be nice.

Bigcat, Ghost1958 and MstrMsn like this.
  7. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

Everybody knows that that "pistol brace" is an end run around the NFA. Pretending it's anything else makes our side look like idiots

8. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Though, people who love restrictions upon the RKBA hate us anyway, so it's no great loss.

There should be every possible attempt to craft arms and features that squarely challenge such crap. So long as encroachments with impediments on the free exercise of the liberty continue to get stuck on the wall, it's all fair game. Unless people are willing to simply accept that anything floated and signed equates to the constitutional rule of law.

Sadly, though, in the case of the NFA, it has a long and "storied" history with the courts supporting the distinctions in the NFA. Won't likely be going away anytime soon. Until SCOTUS has a revelation about the nature of the BOR itself. (Which they've so far given no indication they're likely to do.)

towboater, Caveman Jim and Bigcat like this.
  9. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

This, my friends, is the least of our problems if the DEMONcrates take over the District of
    Corruption!!!:mad:

10. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Some reading material without the emotional grandstanding in the video.

ATF Issues Conflicting Documents on Legal Pistol Braces (ammoland.com)

Editors Note: This story has been edited to clarify previous comments and includes additional facts that have come to light since we first posted. The ATF's confusing and contradictory approval process is an evolving story and we will continue to update and inform our readers as we get better information. Despite rumors, there is no known official change to ATF policy as it relates to the legality of pistol braces.

Bigcat likes this.
  11. Ghost1958

Just posting this for informational purposes.
    The Trump administration justice dept had ordered ATF not to do this.
    They as usual are rogue and did it anyway.

Bigcat likes this.
  12. Ghost1958

So?. The NFA is a null void act of congress that any state is free to ignore.
    Or do end runs around.

It's a shame more states dont ignore more decrees put forth in that act. The fed can not hope to enforce it on it's own.

13. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

Guns are bad, I just post pictures of guns I find on the internet.

14. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

Seems pretty simple, you have two choices.
    1. Remove the Pistol brace that NOBODY uses as it was intended, attached to your forearm.
    2. File a Form 1 SBR application, pay for your $200 tax stamp, and wait a couple month's to get it approved. Then you can shoot your AR pistol's anyway you want.

Django1965, Chainfire and locutus like this.
  15. Ghost1958

Or ignore it since the ATF cant stick with one position for 15 min.

16. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I lost mine, took it down to the river to test fire it and it didn’t come back with me.... not sure what happened

Ghost1958 likes this.
  17. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Real Americans know that all these rulings, laws, etc. are an end run around the second amendment. Pretending they are anything else makes our side look like idiots.

18. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

So, go start a war

19. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Did a google search, Looks like it’s a PITA to get a tax