If you had to pick 2 for the apocalypse.

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by ObsceneJesster, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ObsceneJesster

ObsceneJesster New Member

If you had to pick 2 fire arms for a apocalypse or a SHTF scenario which 2 would they be and why?

Mine would be:

1. Springfield XDM .40 - Reasons would be the .40 ammo is becoming very popular since most PD's are switching to that caliber and it's not to expensive to stock pile but still has plenty of stopping power.

2. Remington 870 - Reasons would be, 12 gauge ammo will be very easy to find, great close-mid range stopping power with buck shot and long range stopping power and accuracy with slugs. Also the 870 is arguably the most common shotgun in America so it would be easy to find parts for.

2. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

And here we go!!

1. AA-12 - Firepower, full auto, 12 gauge
    2. M16 - Selectable fire, good out to 300 yards in the right hands

With those two, I'd find a good .308 long range rifle.

3. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

Yeah,I'm thinking an AR and a shotgun of some kind. OR, a Specter, with a 105 and a mini gun!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  4. ObsceneJesster

I forgot to add to the original post that you will be on foot. Will not have permanent shelter so you will also have to think about traveling with your two weapons. A shotgun and a rifle along with it's ammo can get pretty heavy along with all of your other survival gear.

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

A Browning Hi-Power in 9mm and my Colt LE6940

6. orangello

orangello New Member

My XD45 and my SKS, with all my mags and a lil red wagon full of ammo. :D

It would be a tough call on the XD45 vs. the CZ75b for ammo availabilty, but i really like that green .45.

7. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Hasn't this horse been beaten enough?

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I'm bringing a mini 14 and a bear.

9. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Mossberg 500 12 gauge- Ammo has many many variations & is extremely effective. You can find it virtually anywhere or you can easily make your own. Plus it's superb in a stressfire situation.

Springfield G.I. Stainless- If I'm going down then by God it'll be with style.:cool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  10. ObsceneJesster

I like the lil red wagon idea but I think the .45 ammo availability would be to close for comfort.

11. ObsceneJesster

I think she can take a couple more smacks. Be a sport and play along. :cool:

12. orangello

orangello New Member

I hear the horse is a serious masochist.

Oh, i got something for your bear; have you seen the bayonet on the Chinese-made SKS? It practically screams for bear guts.
    :D

13. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

A 1911 and a Mini 14.

Oh and BTW,

Attached Files:

14. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

`Can I just pick one gun and bring a bunch of liquor?

15. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Tater gun and a slingshot for the win. Nuff said. :D

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Ya know, i had not considered the slingshot and its endless ammo. I may have to pick one of those up for the endtimes.

17. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'm quite sure it has.

18. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Not to the OP! Seems repetitious to us, but not to someone new to the forum.

Anyhoo, I would bring a .22LR to the party along with my M1A Socom and LOTS of .308 ammo!

19. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Fair enough.

Since you're new, I'll entertain your idea. I've only got 3 guns that belong to me, so they would be my Mossberg 590, KelTec PF9, and my Glock 19. Since the KelTec doesn't have a high capacity (7+1), Id go with the 590 and the 19.

That being said, as I stated earlier this thread has been done more than numerous times. You might not know this, but there is a search function you can use before you post a new thread. Check it out sometime. You might find a lot of gems inside there. :cool:

20. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

OK, I was being a party pooper....sorry.

I really don't know that I could pick just 2. How about two per person, so 2 for me and 2 for my wife?