If you had to buy firearms from only one company...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JW357, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Ruger

48.9%
  2. Smith and Wesson

12.0%
  3. FN

3.3%
  4. Taurus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. CZ USA

5.4%
  6. Springfield

5.4%
  7. Sig Sauer

8.7%
  8. Mossberg

1.1%
  9. Remington

4.3%
  10. Other

10.9%
  1. JW357

JW357 New Member

Hypothetical thread: if you had to buy all your firearms from only one company, for whatever reason, what would it be and why?

For me, it would be Smith and Wesson. They have terrific firearms and are able to produce a variety of firearms to fill my needs: double action revolvers, polymer framed pistols, quality ARs, even .22 pistols/revolvers. They have a good warranty, great customer service, and good quality products. To me, they have the most versatility. For me, if I had to only buy from one company, it would be S&W.

I know, it would be a nightmare if this came to pass. Just a hypothetical thread.

2. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

I can accomplish anything I would need to with the products of Springfield Armory...

3. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I like S&W also.

Arrrgh, just one. I guess Ruger.

They're as good as any, and better than

most.

They embrace innovation, and add an additional functional twist.

Like the Nambu-style slide on their

MKI,MKII, and MKIII 22LR pistol series, which enhances scope mounting.

Or the mini-14 started with the M14 action, and married it to the

.223 to create a legendary carbine.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  4. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

I'd have to go with Ruger. They get the job done.

5. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Ruger for their SR556 and Ruger GP100's

Possibly SIG for its Sig516 and nice pistols (though I am a revolver guy)

6. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I suppose S&W is a pretty good option. Something for everyone.

For an out of the box/out of left field suggestion, I think CZ might be worth a look as well, especially if one can also count their subsidiaries (Dan Wesson, Brno).

7. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Ruger hands down know that they make 1911's. S&W if there 1911's would do away with the external extractor. The company has to build 1911's for entry in my book.

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

I forgot to mention that S&W makes 1911s also, in my original post.

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Ruger, because they seem to have an excellent selection of quality guns and amazing customer service. They cover bolt actions, autoloaders, single shots, revolvers, ect. The only major thing they seem to be missing are shotguns, though they used to make them.

10. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

Either Sig or HK. Like them both. Sig probably.

11. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Norinco. the Chinese aren't afraid to violate anyone's patent. So I could get them to make anything I wanted.

12. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I would have to go with Mossberg. A pistol is just a luxury for me. A shotgun is a must have item.

13. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

If Americans had only one option? I would become the largest arms smuggler in the world. :cool:

14. NC1760

NC1760 New Member

I'll go with Ruger... for all the reasons mentioned here AND the fact that they are American made and retail $100 to $150 cheaper than other manufacturers... even imports (and that's saying something these days)... My only wish is that they would make 1) a double barrel and a lever action for the cowboy action shooter to go with the EXCELLENT single actions they make... and 2) a semi-auto OR pump shotgun. Wish they would get into the ammo market too....

Make those and I would definately be a one-company shopper !!! :D

15. JeeperSC

JeeperSC New Member

That would be a tuff one. If only Glock made an AR. I like Glock Semiauto handguns, Smith and Wesson revolvers, Mossberg shotguns, and I really don't have a favorite brand AR.

I would have to pick S&W because their handguns and ARs are ok to me. Lol

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

as many as i do like, i would have to go with Remington. their R1 series of 1911's, their shotguns and their rifles. their rifles and shotguns come in various styles and types.

17. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

Ruger, for all the above reasons and the first "big" gun i ever shot, and currently my favorite gun, was a ruger super red hawk :)

18. readygirl

readygirl New Member

lol..............:d

19. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Considering that Ruger represents the largest sample in my collection, I'd probably have to go with them.

20. donthav1

donthav1 Active Member

CZ wasn't an option I had thought of before, but that is a good one to consider.

but I would say Ruger is the most well rounded & economical choice in a few cases. from one company you can get a snub nose revolver, heavy barrel 22 auto, single action revolver, double action revolver, whether they're big bore or rimfire, cheap & reliable centerfire auto handguns, bolt actions, auto rifles in rimfire or centerfire, etc., etc., etc.

If only Mossberg made handguns, they would get my vote instead.