Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I'd really like to have the M1A that I ordered several months ago. An M60 would also be cool, as would an M249. I wouldn't mind having a CheyTac, an Accuracy International and a Barret either.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not sure really,theres just so many out there..I have a small list of what I want..but if I had to chose one..one gun over all others....well,I've allready got it...my Mosin,But if I could chose more than one...

M1A Garand,Springield '03,Tokarev SVT-40,MP-40,STG-44 and a Nambu T-11.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Johnson M1941

·
Premium Member
11,374 Posts
anygun

HK-21E. Belt fed 7.62 x 51. Uber cool.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
SF Bay Area for now. That being said the original question didn't require that the firearm in question be legal in my jurisdiction. :) I'd have to move to Nevada to actually own a Title II firearm.
If you were to run a Smith or Fulton receiver, you could build the rest of the gun with NOS TRW parts. The semi-auto receiver would carry a clean Cali serial number. If you watch Gun Broker, you'll find quite a few TRW parts for sale. After assembling most of the action, you could send the rifle into Krieger and have them hand fit a barrel.

I've actually considered going this route, as it wouldn't cost too much more than an off the shelf M1A, and in the end, you'd have a more accurate gun.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I...If you watch Gun Broker, you'll find quite a few TRW parts for sale. After assembling most of the action, you could send the rifle into Krieger and have them hand fit a barrel.

I've actually considered going this route, as it wouldn't cost too much more than an off the shelf M1A, and in the end, you'd have a more accurate gun.
I already have TRW bolts, an oprod and trigger group. I plan to order a forged LRB receiver at some point but they've been backed ordered for some time. I'll have it assembled onto a McMillian stock that's gathering dust in the closet as well. I do want a hand fitted barrel and I'd like it with a shorter throat and less sloppy neck than I've measured on every factory .308 rifle I've checked.

·
Registered
694 Posts
A really great condition Garand. Man I love those old, heavy mothers!!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts