If I carried an unloaded AK-47 into a Starbucks...

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by NugentForPresident17, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NugentForPresident17

NugentForPresident17 New Member

I know that California is way behind the 8-ball when it comes to open carry initiatives, but I'm curious to know what would happen if I slung an AK-47 over my shoulder, unloaded, and walked into a Starbucks to order a latte? Could I be arrested? Under what statute? Misdemeanor or felony?

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Only reason i'm replying to this "question" is to up my post count :rolleyes:

3. vincent

vincent New Member

I'd call you a complete moron if you did that...

Find the DOJ website for CA and it'll tell you more than I can.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

personally i think it matters whether it's against the law there to do such a thing. many idiots keep trying to challenge these OC laws and end up looking like, well, IDIOTS!:rolleyes:

5. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

This is a hypothetical question. I always like discussions. The biggest problem is to frame the situation.
    As your first post, should it make me worry? Probably not. Your question was one of legality, not of collecting pennies.

Stop by the Introductions and let us know a little about you, then come on back.

I'm not a lawyer. I don't know california law, but this is an interesting excercise to try to understand how a normal, everyday person would go about trying to find out what laws affect this hypothetical situation.

Added by edit:

My internet search started with "NRA California Gun Laws".
    The overview under California, Carry seems to target loaded guns and handguns loaded or not. OC seems to address only handguns.

SO THIS IS AN INTERESTING QUESTION,

Note: I am disappointed that the NRA ILA page is not referenced (footnotes to the source of the material).

Sigh .....

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  6. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i will add this for you to think about. just because it's legal to do so, doesn't always mean it's the smart thing to do.

8. bkt

bkt New Member

Why would you want to do this? Are you trying to help get more gun freedom or more gun control?

It depends on the laws in your locale, but I'm betting you probably would be arrested. What you're charged with...that's up to the arresting cops. Ask them.

If you're trying to improve gun freedom and relax gun control laws and get people more comfortable around firearms, this stunt would be exactly the wrong thing to do. If you really think this is a good idea, please don't be on my side; you'd be doing far more harm than good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.