If anybody asks, I was here ALL NIGHT!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Ha hah hahah ha!

My old boss, who was a second generation rich kid who's dad built a fortune he inherited, got two of his prized cars stolen. :D

http://www.king5.com/news/crime/Two-rare-Chevys-stolen-from-Puyallup-warehouse-165760576.html

To give you the level of what kind of douche bag this micro midget is, let mw tell you about a MANDATORY company meeting he had us attend.

We had to attend an after hours meeting at this very warehouse where the first hour was spent with everyone talking to Gary about "his collection" of cars. He had Sly Stallone's truck from The Expendables, several historic pieces, a limited edition SmartCar, a limited edition SS Charger and the cars mentioned in the article. It was an impressive collection, but half of the people at the meeting, including me, couldn't afford even ONE of the 30 or 40 cars that were in this custom painted and spec'd warehouse. It had a designed old school gas station and even a working gas pump.

So we go through the meeting, snore fest, and when we get to the end Gary thanks everyone for coming and asks if there were any questions about the information presented. No one had anything to say, it was pretty effing basic stuff. Then this arrogant *** asks "Well, does anyone have any questions about the cars?"

Everyone was looking around like "Did he just REALLY say that?!?!" :eek:

Suffice to say, I am not exactly losing any sleep over this "loss".

Suck it Tucci!!

2. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

"of course JD and I were having beers over at Ramunto's officer" ... ;)

3. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I have a '65 'vette for sale. Taking offers....

A $6000 reward for $300k worth of G.M. stuff? What a piker!

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

4 of us will swear you spent the evening bar hopping with us, 4 will swear you spent the night playing poker, and 2 of us will swear you are still here, and sleeping it off. :p

"Exactly how the thieves gained access to his secured storage facility....."

His "secured storage" must have been missing an alarm that worked.

It would be really cruel if someone were to go by a junkyard, and pick up some Chevelle and Vette fender emblems, and leave one a week on the lunchroom table, water cooler, etc.

If the jackwagon loved his babies so much, he would Lo-Jacked them. Average recovery time of a lo-Jacked item, from reporting it to police, to police officer having hand on the item, is thirty four MINUTES.

5. c3shooter

Hey! That belongs over in the Classified section! :rolleyes:

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Whats so special about those two cars? Are they optioned well or just a 65 vette and an SS Chevelle? Without more information there is no way those cars are worth $150k.
    A small block vette and A body are worth 1/2 that amount on a good day.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nice. Thanks C3. That should be enough for the courts here. ;)

It's a warehouse he bought and renovated in a fairly "upscale" part of town. They have cameras and he had a security system, which is why this screams of inside information. I am betting it's a week, maybe two, and we find out the cars have been parted, or burned out, and it's a current or former employee with an axe to grind.

What I really like is these were NOT the cars closest to the door. If nothing has changed since the meeting, the "thieves" would have had to move at least the SmartCar and either Sly's truck or another, older panel van looking number, to get the two cars out. Awesome.

I personally would have defiled the other vehicles in some way. High octane gas, a road flare and some magnesium in the mix to throw off the investigation. :D

JD

8. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Sounds like an inside job...insurance scam???

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

My brother has a 1973 Corvette which is his pride and joy. I just call it his "Chevy".

"Hey, Tom, how's that Chevy of yours doing?" :D

I have had opportunity to drive it. It is a very fun car to drive, though.

He loves those cars like children? He must not have any real, human children.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  10. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Sounds like an insurance scam to me. His "mandatory" meeting was a setup.

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

LOL, love the explanation for the break in :D

12. c3shooter

You know, there is a STRONG likelihood that the "order of sucession"in your company has just changed.

When a really good criminal investigator retires after his 20-30 yrs or so with the department, what does he do for a living? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

They go to work fo the insurance companies. Rather than "FRAUD" it is called something like "Special Investigations". It is simply bad business to allow people to try to cheat you- and oh my goodness, YES, they DO prosecute people Very effectively.

If Junior is trying to scam anyone, this is likely to end badly for him.

13. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

Sounds like a BS inside job to me.. Who would accidently crash into a building bad enough to leave hole, then knowing whats inside just leave before anyone came to check it out and report it.

He paid the neighbor to crash into the building and leave a hole, then had two others steal the cars and part em out. I bet he gets a really nice car hes been drooling over to replace them. Sounds way to fishy

14. tri70

tri70 New Member

To get everyone together and talk about the cars instead of the break in? That was strange, and in front of the whole staff.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

Sounds to me like all the pieces are falling into place...

If I were crooked enough to pull insurance fraud, it sounds like a plan I would use...

Get your employees out there instead of at the office for a meeting. Rub it in their faces that you have money and cool toys and they don't, (thereby insuring at least some animosity) A neighbor crashes a vehicle creating a hole. Cars have to be MOVED just to get these two out. AND they are quoted as being worth WAY more than they actually are, unless they're some type of special collectible edition.

Reeks of fish to me.

16. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Did he at least let you touch the cars during the meeting?

17. orangello

orangello New Member

I notice no Fords were taken; the thieves had taste.

18. rurak

rurak New Member

I can't wait to see where this thread goes........

19. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

kind of. Several of them had the windows down and were unlocked. The real valuable ones were locked up.

. There was a GT500 there, I would taken that. Right to the dealership to see what I could get for it. :D

One guy asked if we could test Stallones truck with the .45 in his truck and a bunch of folks laughed.