Firearms Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a gun show "parts kit" non matching parts. Supposedly primarily egyptian parts. The reciever is OOW ohio ordinance works. Just need some help confirming what parts are what....I think the reciever cover is not egyptian, I believe egyptian covers are smooth.

Also looks like these recievers are ready to go except for front and rear trunnion holes?

Thanks for any info

Attachments

·
Registered
7,939 Posts
The receiver dust cover does look Egyptian. They used ribbed covers with a baked paint. Front trunion looks Egyptian as well with those markings. Not sure about the bolt and carrier though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The receiver dust cover does look Egyptian. They used ribbed covers with a baked paint. Front trunion looks Egyptian as well with those markings. Not sure about the bolt and carrier though.
Oh ok, I guess I based my guess on that the rear sight base "groove" didn't seem to have a little bump for the front rib of cover to fit into....upon trying to test fit it looks like that rib is what takes the play out of it. Thanks for the info, looks like you are right.

That trunion is somthing that confused me since I am unfamamiliar with the different manufacturer symbols. Are those characters arabic/egyptian?

The gentlemen told me this bolt and carrier was egyptian, but who knows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.