Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Same deal, Monkey Wards store brand. Probably a Mossberg 800 ot 810 or a Fabrique Nationale. What all do you want to know about it? What is thew model number, couldn't quite make it out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rocshaman said:
Same deal, Monkey Wards store brand. Might have been made by Fabrique Nationale instead of Mossberg. What all do you want to know about it? What is thew model number, couldn't quite make it out.
It's ejn 757 and I as looking it up on the Internet and it says it built on a mouser action?

·
Supporting Member
12,612 Posts

·
Administrator
26,564 Posts
Please hold very still so I can whack you. *WHACK*

No matter how much I blow up the pic, I cannot read the MODEL NUMBER on the rifle . Thi was made for Montgomery Ward using their store brand. I have a couple of cross reference tables BUT NEED THE MODEL NUMBER.

*WHACK*

They were made by several makers, including Mauser- and that one looks as if it COULD be a Mauser- but we need the model number. It is right under the Westernfield brand.

*WHACK*

EDIT: You posted the model number while I was searching. THAT is a Colt Model 57. Made by FN (Fabrique National) using the Mauser pattern bolt.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Wierd rifle? I'll send you $100.00 and it can join my Wierd rifles. Nice Mauser built by FN. Nice large ring Mauser. Could be a 7x57. Should be .30-06.

Here are other Mausers, Mousers are cats!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
c3shooter said:
Please hold very still so I can whack you. *WHACK*

No matter how much I blow up the pic, I cannot read the MODEL NUMBER on the rifle . Thi was made for Montgomery Ward using their store brand. I have a couple of cross reference tables BUT NEED THE MODEL NUMBER.

*WHACK*

They were made by several makers, including Mauser- and that one looks as if it COULD be a Mauser- but we need the model number. It is right under the Westernfield brand.

*WHACK*
Sorry about that its ejn 757

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
It's a commercial mauser action built by FN in Belgium. Apparently they
were barrelled and stocked in the states specifically for Wards (there
was also a Sears version). Unlike most "house brand" guns, there is not
a direct crossover to any particular model manufactured by a regular
firearms maker.

·
Premium Member
14,472 Posts
Golden State Arms (California) imported rifles built on FN and Sako actions for Montgomery Ward with the Western Field Logo. That is not a typical Mossberg bolt or stock.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
I deleted my last post. The stupidity here amazes me. I'm sure some were not born yesterday. IT IS A FN LARGE RING MAUSER< IT WAS FULLY BUILT IN BELGUIM>

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I deleted my last post. The stupidity here amazes me. I'm sure some were not born yesterday. IT IS A FN LARGE RING MAUSER< IT WAS FULLY BUILT IN BELGUIM>

Maybe. I've seen some references that say the actions were imported,
and they were barrelled/stocked right here in the USA.

OP---What does it have on it for proof marks? If it was a barrelled
action or complete gun imported from FN, there should be Belgian
proof marks on both the barrel and action.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BillM said:
Maybe. I've seen some references that say the actions were imported,
and they were barrelled/stocked right here in the USA.

OP---What does it have on it for proof marks? If it was a barrelled
action or complete gun imported from FN, there should be Belgian
proof marks on both the barrel and action.
Nope the only proof mark is on the action

1 - 20 of 22 Posts