Ideas for a rossi .44 mag

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by XCR-C, Aug 5, 2013.

1. XCR-C

XCR-C New Member

Hey, my dad has a Rossi .44 mag lever action. Just one problem with it. The loading port will only except .44 special. Anybody know what to do? Or how to fix it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks everybody.

2. joelduque

joelduque New Member

How old is the gun? If it's within the first year since the original date of purchase, Rossi will fix it for you free of charge. Even if its not under the 1-year warranty, they will still do it for around $35. Give them a call and their customer service will steer you in the right direction.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

not understanding how it will only accept 44 spl. but not 44 mag. there is less than a 1/16th" difference in shell length. are you sure it's a 44 mag.? and not a 44 spl.?

pictures would help a bunch.

4. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Humm? Are these hand loads? What weight bullets? The 300 grs. .44 Mags often stick in 1892 style actions. :confused:

5. XCR-C

XCR-C New Member

Ok, the barrel says only amadeo rossi s.a made in brazil and 44 magnum. But its old. its serial number is m 881. So i assume pretty early. I believe what we shot thought it were factory. Im not sure on specifications. We bought it about a year or two ago from a gun show. My dad being a huge western fan. Ill put pictures next go round.

6. XCR-C

XCR-C New Member

This one work?

image-466261235.jpg

image-3803821286.jpg

image-3961765355.jpg

Sorry about them upside down. Didn't know till i looked in my camera roll... Thanks though guys for the help.

7. triggerman770

triggerman770 New Member

If the barrel has "Amadeo Rossi" on it there is no warranty
    but if it takes 44 spl it should take the mag. try tightening the loading gate screw. If that doesn't work lever it open and look down into the action to see if anything interferres with the mag round going thru the loading gate.:D