Ideal Non-Firearms Related Career ?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JW357, Nov 1, 2013.

1. JW357

JW357 New Member

Thought this might be an interesting thread. What is your ideal career which is not directly related to firearms? I'm giving LE a pass, because a lot of cops say their job does not revolve around firearms. It is merely a tool to occasionally be used in the performance of their duties.

I'm honestly not sure for myself. I would have to think about this one for awhile.

What about you guys? What is your ideal career (notice I'm not saying "job") which does not center around firearms?

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I am very happy in the medical field. No matter what the economy is, there are always going to be sick people.

3. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

I'm going to say LE. Its been my dream since I was a boy and I've spent the last 3 1/2 yrs in college studying to become a LEO. There may be dangerous moments but I do not think there is a job that could be as rewarding imho

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I'm in a medical field. I just came back from a TAD in Europe closing out a WWII bomber crash site. The site had to be closed this year because teh EU was giving the lad owner a grant that is over 13 million Euro Dollars to turn the land into a butterfly preserve.

If I could get the equivalent, of over $15 million to turn my property into a butterfly preserve and ensure that there are enough native wildflowers, it could be a good retirement gig.

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

I think I decided. I think I might like to be a high-ranking, behind the scenes, decision maker. Not the president and not even a member of his Cabinet. Definitely not a Congressman.

Maybe the director of the FBI or some other 3-letter agency. But then again, I believe those are politically appointed positions. I'd rather run a department within one of those agencies. Seems to me those are the guys who actually run the show within their little world. Directors come and go with the political winds. The heads of the departments, though, are fairly constant unless they eff up big time.

6. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

Whatever floats your boat brother.

8. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I fixed that for you. <grin>

A long time back we all had tee shirts made for off duty wear. On the front was the Florida paramedic patch, and on the back they read, "As long as stupidity is epidemic I'll always have a job." That was followed by our truck number and the Star of Life. It wasn't long before a memo came down telling us not to wear them inside our county.

9. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Too much shooting

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Community college instructor and always with a Friday night class.

Remember how John Holmes ended up. :eek:

11. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

The greatest degree I 've ever seen granted to someone was a Masters in Flyfishing from Penn State. It's been years since I read the article written by the guy and I can't remember his name, but being a flyfishing guide in Montana, Wyoming or Colorado would be awesome!

12. Hobbit712

Hobbit712 New Member

If I am able to retire in the next couple years, I am thinking about going to work in a local cigar shop. I used to work part time there years ago. :)

13. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

What about a Supreme Court justice? As long as we're dreaming.

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

Being a Fly fishing guide up here in the Rocky Mtn states is limited. You will only work maybe 3 Mos. a year. The snow often closes the trails up country and the ice stays on the lakes until late June in some areas. Then Winter can start around mid August on the Mtn. lakes and streams.
    Most of the guides are also Big Game guides or they go down to Arizona and work on ranches in the winter. ;)

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Not for all the cheesecake in the country! Not for all the hookers in NV! Not for all the ammo hidden in Africa! Not even for my own private Aircraft Carrier complete with bear-seeking missiles!

16. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

Run a successful micro-brewery,hands- down

17. seancslaughter

seancslaughter New Member

Contract k9 handler lots of money to be made running ed dogs

18. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

That too,love GSD's and malinois, my dad has one of each. The GSD was the smartest dog I've ever known until he got the malinois. He said she's to smart for her own good

19. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Charlie Sheen's bail bondsman.

Seriously, I can't think of anything I would rather do than rescue work. I can't remember a single day that I didn't look forward to going to work.