Idaho Governor says enough is enough ! Game on

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by Flat Tire, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Once again Federal Government sticking their noses in the States business when they do not need to do so. I was told by a friend of mine who lives there that the wolves are killing Elk at a record rate there and a few other states. I certainly am not anti-wolf but I think if properly controlled even man is an important part of conservation and the rules of nature.

2. sizir1shotguns

sizir1shotguns New Member

daHHHH wolf´s should be killed for more deer and elk.. We had it here in Europe there was to much wolf that the deer population was so low that the deer in our state got almost extincted i still hunt deer in other places where there aint mucht wolf so keep killing wolf ones in a wile

3. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

People who praise the "good old days" in the early and mid 20th century when elk and moose were plentiful like to claim that was the result of the "balance of nature".

Nope.

It was the result of decades of killing wolves with bounties, government-hired wolf hunters, trapping and poison. That's a fact. BTW, the same people killed a lot of bears, too.

4. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

highlighted words are enough-

5. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

No Comment !.............

6. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

I don't advocate the use of poison to control wolves but more than sizeable bounties are required, even bounties added to the pelt value for a trapper.

Helicopters and/or super cubs with the right side door off also have a role to play if we want to really do any good.

7. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Don't get yer knickers in a wad worrying about wolves becoming extinct.
    We've got 100's of millions of their descendants roaming our yards and kennels. Give nature a chance to work it's magic and we'll have wolves again in a couple of thousand years.

Attached Files:

8. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

The sad part is this will cost the state of Idaho 2 million dollars to handle something that the activist groups have been sickin their noses into for no reason. When they first agreed to bring the wolves back to Idaho everyone sat down and penciled out an agreement and the activists have brought so may lawsuits we now have a 2 million dollar problem that they should be financially responsible for. These right to life groups should have to pay for the killing of these wolves.

9. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

Left wing moral busybodies should be paying for a lot more than wolf control.

10. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Shoot, Shovel, and Shut up!!!:D

11. Sniper03

Quite a video! However the issue I saw was up in the top right corner the letters "MSN" appeared. Of course we all know they have always been known for integrity in reporting the truth!:rolleyes:
    This picture was taken in Idaho! If each one of them contributed to killing 10 deer or elk each year this pack would contribute to 240 animals killed. Sure would't take long to clean their territorial range out!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  12. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Bruce Babbitt "reintroduced" wolves in the US. Babbitt should be covered in with elk blood and tied to a tree in wolf country.

13. Sniper03

Most people do not realize the actual size and strength of a full grown wolf! Check this Idaho Wolf picture out! Although absolutely beautiful, but they are a killing machine by themselves but in the pack it is unbelievable. I sure would not want to be in the wild and run into the pack in my previous post since there are around 24 of them!

"ME NOT WANNA BE SNACK"! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

A good argument for high capacity magazines.

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

MSN did not conduct the study. I'm just trying to point out when there is balance from top of the food chain on down, it does the environment a lot of good. Yes, the wolves kill deer and elk but that also creates a balance in forest growth, ground cover, etc. Did you guys actually watch the whole video? I'm not saying it's okay for wolves to attack farm animals, etc. but when left to balance an ecosystem, wolves are a part of the whole balance.