ID help antique handguns

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by cmhill, Dec 16, 2010.

1. cmhill

cmhill New Member

An elderly lady came in the shop today with two single shot pistols her deceased husband had and was basically wanting to know what are they and what might they be worth ill attach photos and best description i can

1) has 1948 stamped on both sides (i do not believe it is a mfg date) as well as 163 . rifled barrel

2) has a 6sided barrel left side of barrel stamped | 0*0 |221|221| left side reciever 55321 and 05321
    Right side 012350 |101|101|010*0| and is rifled. also has a proof mark of a crown below the crown looks like a Vwith a line in the center below that a *

Attached Files:

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Those are large pictures. I am sure someone will be along to tell you what they are and a bit about their worth.

Attached Files:

3. cmhill

cmhill New Member

sure thought i would have recieved some sort of reply by now, or is everyone as stumpted as me on it

4. doctherock

doctherock New Member

One is rusty with alot of stampy things and the other is crusty with some stuff and such.

5. HKSlinger

HKSlinger Member

I think its a muffler bracket for a '73 Pinto or Vega.

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Looks like a british crown makers mark in one pic.

7. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Maybe if a mod were able to help this guy out and move it to the right section it'd get a few more hits?

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

2hot I think your on to something there. LOL

9. Troy Michalik

Troy Michalik Is it Friday yet? Supporter

Interesting pieces there, but I am no further help I'm afraid.

10. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

you propably won't find info on these guns ,it's home made and its origine is for 99% eastern,India,Afghanistan those regions

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  11. whtsmoke

whtsmoke New Member

ive got an old book on handguns that i will check to see if i find anything like them.

12. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

At a first guess, would say Pakistani or Afghan- possibly Indian. Cottage gun maker. The proof marks are likely imitation. Great paperweight. Amazing what can be done with hand tools.

13. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

It's not European, Japanese or Chinese. That leaves one of the third world countries.