Iced tea.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Any iced tea from any fast food place will do.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. I only like Sweet Tea.

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. I brew my own.

22 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. I don't like iced tea.

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. I like herbal iced teas.

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. Who the heck drinks iced tea when there's beer in the fridge?

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  7. WoC, you need to find something else to do with your time.

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I've been drinking a lot of iced tea lately. You know how I feel about the ice cubes that go in my iced tea so I thought I'd ask about other's iced tea drinking habits.

I don't care much for the pre-made stuff or the instant stuff. I like to make my own fresh brewed. My favorite right now is one tea bag of Irish Breakfast tea and two tea bags of Mint Medley (spearmint and peppermint combination). I let it steep in a cup of boiled water for about ten minutes then pour it over a large glass of ice. I usually add one packet of Stevia sweetener. This is good stuff. Cool, refreshing with a little caffeine lift.

So tell me, how do you like your iced tea? Multiple choices are allowed here.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  2. 1982flh80

1982flh80 New Member

Sun Tea

Try this, take 8 of your favorite tea bags and a glass 1 gallon pitcher. Fill with water add t bags and set in the sun until brewed. Takes time but the results are worth it. For ice cubes, pour the tea into an ice tray, freeze and serve. No more dilluted tea. Yum.

3. winds-of-change

I have made sun tea in a glass jug but with my kids all out of the house, that's too much tea for me. I don't drink it fast enough. But I do like the tea ice cube idea. Thank you for the great idea.

4. winds-of-change

I have made sun tea in a glass jug but with my kids all out of the house, that's too much tea for me. I don't drink it fast enough. But I do like the tea ice cube idea. Thank you for the great idea.

Dang, I didn't put sun tea as an option. D'OH!

5. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Sun tea is the best method in my book.

6. orangello

orangello New Member

If a hummingbird won't hit it, i probably won't like it. Homebrew or Red Diamond jug tea preferred.

7. KABAR2

KABAR2 New Member

I use the 5 large tea bags... I boil a quart of water and let them steep....
    pour this into a pitcher add sugar to your taste, stir until melted, add crushed ice,
    stir until melted continue until ice does not melt by then the pitcher should be full of sweet tea.
    I am a reformed yankee (adopted son of the South) my wife was born and raised in Virginia
    she hated the fact that I could make better sweet tea than she could....

8. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I don't like sweet tea so I end up using two bags, brewing a glass and sticking it in the fridge for a bit. My wife makes sweet tea, all I can taste is the sugar.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

i like the lipton cold brew decaf. unsweetened with lemon, either a real lemon or the lemon out of a bottle is fine with me. im not a iced tea connoisseur.

i just toss two bags in water in a pitcher stick it in the fridge

10. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

My wife loves it, too.

Sweet tea sux.

11. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Where's Tango ???....He has to be here some where ???.........

12. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

SUN-TEA....Brewed in the sun for 8 to 10 hours.......Lots of sugar.......

13. shadamai

shadamai New Member

I had never heard of sun tea...now I'm going to have to try it out...

14. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

You also forgot "Long Island" iced tea!
    Seriously though, I prefer Lipton sun tea, no sugar, sometimes lemon.

15. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I can drink it unsweetened or with just a little sugar. Dont like it like syrup.

16. shadamai

shadamai New Member

Ha...those are too potent for me...

17. winds-of-change

He is somewhere but he's not here.

Just a touch of sweetner for me, too. I like Stevia, though.

Geeze, Gordo. Only YOU. :rolleyes:

18. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Coming from Cali when I was 21 or 22 I was surprised when I ordered iced tea and it was automatically sweetened more or less as soon as you cross the Continental Divide. That was weird to me. I had never previously had "pre-sweetened" tea. One time at a diner or a truck stop or something I saw a gal dumping a 5-pound bag of sugar into the tea dispenser. I don't know but I think those things only hold 5 gallons of tea. One pound of sugar to one gallon of tea? That made me want to vomit.

I drink my coffee and cold tea unsweetened. Hot tea I might put a little honey into.

19. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Sweet tea is my favorite, but most places make sweet so darn sweet that it tastes like syrup. So what I order most of the time is iced tea with extra lemon.

20. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I prefer good old fashion German Beer or Samuel Adams; however, we had friends over that some Rush Limbaugh Tea, he had a six pack of the Diet Raspberry Tea. That was real good! Then, you see the price for a 12-pack $23.76 that is pricey; but, Two If By Tea supports our armed forces and their families.

Two If By Tea