Ice age on it's way?

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by downsouth, Jan 31, 2012.

1. downsouth

downsouth New Member

2. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Oh no how will they tax our carbon footprint? :D

3. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Yeah... I was taught it was global cooling in the 1970's, then it was global warming through the early and mid 2000's, and now it's back to global cooling. California and the rest of the majority of the north / west coast is supposed to now be on a new 30 year cycle of cooling weather from a shift in the current of the stratosphere out of Alaska. It seems to have been getting cooler here for the last two years.

4. Birchhatchery

Birchhatchery New Member

it all a load of BS Mother nature does what it wants this has been the warmest and least snowiest winter ive seen in a long time we have been above freezing all winter I LIKE !!!

5. bkt

bkt New Member

No, we were told the new ice age was going to happen in the 1970's. Instead, we got global warming. Then "climate change". If they're going back to an ice age, fine.

No matter how you slice it, it's man's fault. Always. Because we suck. We're a virus - a plague - on this fine planet. We shouldn't be here. Who are we to interfere with the other 8.7 million species on this planet? Granted, they're comparatively dumb and most of them do, as is their innocent nature, exactly what we do. But they don't suck. Only we do. Never mind humans are unique among 8.7 million other species (that's not an exaggeration) and ponder AND ACT ON things we think about rather than act only on immediate stimuli. We still suck.

If enough people really believe that tripe, maybe we really do suck. If it were possible to press a button an levy an Olympic *****-slap to each and every one of those who engage in hyperbole and hysteria-mongering, I'd be jumping up and down on the friggin' button for a good long time.

Screw global warming, a new ice age, Yellowstone blowing its top, terrorism, storms, plague, invasion, economic collapse, terminal hemorrhoids, or anything else. Survival prepping isn't about focusing on an event in the future. It's about working to see to you and yours in the worst possible event. It doesn't matter what the event is and it won't ever happen. Ever. But once you plan around that event, you have everything else covered.

That's prepping. :)

6. downsouth

downsouth New Member

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Terminal hemorrhoids has to be a hell of a way to go.

8. MrWray

MrWray New Member

You wouldnt die setting down

9. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

Great. Global norming, climate strange, polar ice cap melting ice age, low property values, terminal hemoroids, discolored urea, robot monkeys from outer space, zombie apocalypses...... 2012 should be the year that every able bodied man does his part and slaps at least one hippie. That would either solve our problems or give us some really whiny hippies.

10. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Don't forget this guy.

ForumRunner_20120131_052649.jpg

11. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

You mean they're worried about another ice age? Didn't they have that same fear about 30-40 years ago? Then about 15 years ago we were all going to drown because all the ice was going to melt. These guys know about as much as the weather man but their predictions are less accurate.

12. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

In about 20-30 years it'll be global warming again. Whenever the "scientists" see they were wrong they switch theories, hoping they'll keep their jobs. All this ice age and global warming crap is just the governments way of controlling the sheeple. While they tell us to buy a proud and ride bikes, they cruise around in their hummer limos and continuously fly round trip across the country. They will not be happy till we are all walking to work/school with only bread and veggies to eat (no meat), and turn to Washington D.C. five times a day to bow and thank them for all their wisdom. :mad:

13. Belltactical

Belltactical New Member

It's OK. If Newt gets elected we'll have moon colonies to live on :)

14. shadamai

shadamai New Member

I think a lot of people (some media for example) forget that most places in America have a relatively short time span of data collected. For example if you have maybe 100 years of rainfall measurements collected (if you're lucky in some places), it is hard to accurately say, 'This is a 500 year flood!' They just connect the dots and extrapolate what they think a reasonable figure would be, whereas if they had 2,000 years of data, the numbers might be more accurate. As far as climate change goes, the earth has cooled and warmed many times before the industrial revolution took place. It will happen again. I'm not saying that humans aren't making things worse, because we obviously negatively impact the environment in many ways, but sometimes we forget to look at the big picture instead of a small amount of data collected.

15. orangello

orangello New Member

Nah, DC wants you to bow AWAY from them, not towards them (lube optional).

16. jyo

jyo New Member

Whatever is going to happen, we'll have very little say in the matter---nature will run it's course and whomever is still around at that time will have to deal with it...

17. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Hairy beast......

Is this one reason european women don't shave, they are ready for whats to come.....:eek: :)

18. fmj

fmj Active Member

That would be one hell of a pain in the @$$!!

19. downsouth

downsouth New Member

That's the way my wife is going to go out. AND I'M THAT PAIN!

20. Sand_Squid

Sand_Squid New Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong; wasn't there 4 major ice ages and a mini ice age 1200-1800+/-AD? Bet man caused that and Bush was to blame for that. Man is like a nat compared to the global climate history.