I would too - how about you?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Mister Dave, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

If I put all the idiots on this forum on ignore it would look like there were maybe six people participating here.

BUT it would be a much better experience

2. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

I can read. Statutes are clear. The couple broke no law. You may not agree with what they did and because of that WANT them to be quilty of something but fact remains they broke no statute in the state of MO.

3. Ghost1958

I dont use ignore for idiots. But if I did I'd only need it for one.

4. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

I put people who engage in ad hominem attacks on others on ignore.

Bye bye.

Trunk Monkey, towboater and Ghost1958 like this.
  5. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Not all that different than what the guy did. On the balcony, on the front porch or steps. Neither behind a door, cowering. Neither, into the crowd mixing it up with them.

Still, good points about risks. ANY time people in the wrong get challenged in their wrongs, there's an uproar. And in this case it's involving arms as an absolute dissuader, so the wrongful (the trespassers) got their knickers in a wad even worse than normally.

Won't go well for these two, for awhile. At minimum, they're under the microscope. At worst, the mob now knows where two "absolutes" live ... and if the supposed death threats are any indication, they're not averse to going down that path.

Not a lot of options aside from cowering behind a door, these days, if one has a postage-stamp sized front slice of grass and a couple steps.

And if it goes poorly for these folks, particularly in a relatively free place like MO (?), then "private property" isn't going to hold the same weight it has, if ever it did.

Bad path, eviscerating private property rights to a nub, forcibly disallowing people any means of protecting it and themselves when violently encroached upon and threats. (Again, if that scenario is as claimed.)

Ghost1958 likes this.
  6. Trunk Monkey

Do you really not see the difference between what I'm talking about and what he did?

First. If I'm up on that second floor balcony was that stone railing, generally speaking I'm safe or at least the mob is going to have to put some effort into getting to me. I'm in a position of advantage and I have time and distance on my side.

What he did was run out of his house and start screaming at the mob. "Get the hell out of here! This is private property!" He engaged them and he got a response.

Even if he isn't charged he's going to have to pay another lawyer to sort this out. He's not a criminal lawyer. He's a personal injury attorney he sues insurance companies. He's going to need a criminal lawyer and criminal lawyers cost money.

Even if he isn't charged he made a boatload of enemies. People in his own neighborhood are disavowing his actions and the protesters just might be outside HIS house next time.

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

They are personal injury trial lawyers, they have nothing but enemies, nothing has changed.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  8. Trunk Monkey

Let me say this a different way. He left his home and engaged the mob. That's not a defensive move. Public opinion is heavily against him. No matter what this incident is going to change his life for the worse and no one has shown that he was even a target

9. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

That all makes sense, as i said anyone that has a clue about self defense would not advice going out of your house and confront a crowd. I thought some on the forum had knowledge and experience regarding self defense do's and don'ts, smart and stupid, i was obviously wrong.

W.T. Sherman and Trunk Monkey like this.
  10. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Every situation has to be judged on its own merit.

I live in a single story house on a corner lot. I do not have a single window which allows me to view both streets my house abuts.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  11. Ghost1958

It a absolutely was a defensive move.
    He acted in defense of his property , totally legal in MO , by legally going into his yard , legally armed. He also legally and correctly informed the thugs that they were in fact on private property.

He may not have acted as YOU or even others in the same community like. But he broke no laws.
    Odd how some will uphold the mobs breaking into private property but want to toss a couple legally defending themselves and their property under the bus.

PC runs rampant to insane levels these days

12. Trunk Monkey

So does stupidity

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  13. Ghost1958

Agreed.

14. Trunk Monkey

I'm looking around the internet and I'm seeing a lot reputable, well-respected, knowledgeable trainers and they're all saying the same thing

Claude Werner says this guy is an idiot
    Kathy Jackson says this guy is an idiot
    John Corriea says this guy is an idiot
    LARRY Corriea says this guy is an idiot

Like I said there's a whole bunch of people out there saying that this guy's an idiot. The only place I'm not hearing this guy is an idiot is here. That tells me something.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  15. Ghost1958

Ok that's 4 people who cant afford to say anything else for fear of hurting their bottom line and having BLM label them as racist thugs.

The something the responses your getting here should tell you you are in a forum where people can actually read statutes, see they were not broken , and respond accordingly.

A learning opportunity.

Gatoragn likes this.
  16. manta

Yes compared with the experts on this forum, they are all stupit. What was legal to do and was the smart and sceneable thing to do are two different things. For some reason some are having difficulty separating the two. o_O

Trunk Monkey and W.T. Sherman like this.
  17. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

The mayor is not looking well these days from photos in local news. St. Louis City's politicians have a history of odd behavior. i.E. - repeated attempts to allow state prison inmates to vote absentee in their registered districts because nearly 30% of all state penitentiary inmates are from St. Louis and allowing them to vote would sway local elections. One state legislator was censored after she said President Trump should be assassinated. Releasing rioters from jail with no cash bond, etc.

St. Louis City is not representative of the rest of the state although over 70% of voters are in St. Louis, Kansas City, and Springfield areas. Racism rules but it's not a "white racist" thing, it's a "black racist" thing and there, black people hold the deck, not just one card.

U.S. Attorneys have the power to charge most crime committed with firearms as federal crimes, taking prosecution out of the hands of local politicians. Won't happen there. If charges are actually filed, release without bail and plea bargains are the norm. "We want something done, but not to us" is what the message actually means.

Meanwhile, black kids continue to murder each other with no protests, no marches, very little media coverage. One of the highest murder rates anywhere. Average time investigators spend on a street shooting scene ? 45 minutes. No witnesses around.

Gatoragn likes this.
  18. Ghost1958

That would depend on ones idea of sensible and smart.
    To some rolling over and playing dead like briar possum hoping the mob doesn't do what these mobs are known to do anytime they arent confronted by armef citizens at the outset is the " sensible thing to do".
    Personally I'll not leave the fate myself or my home up to the mood of a gaggle of thugs . To do that is reckless and stupid. JMO.
    Usually the limit placed on what a citizen can do in defense of themself or their property legally, falls well short of what the citizen SHOULD do in defense of self and property.
    That's just a fact of life.

sheriffjohn likes this.
  19. manta

Smart would have being staying in the house or at the door of the house, firearms within reach. If the protesters went onto their property, saying they were armed and verbally challenging them to leave. If they still advanced towards them then possibly showing them that they were armed. The dumb thing to do would be to leave the protection of your house and confront a crowd waving and pointing firearms at them. If they did the first we probably would not be having this discussion, they would not be getting a lot of unwelcome attention, with possible financial and legal repercussions.

Trunk Monkey and W.T. Sherman like this.
  20. Ghost1958

That's your opinion of smart. Based on your thinking you know what the mob will do.
    Standing inside your door ain't going to do you much good once a molotov cocktail sails thru a window.

The couple did the legal and smart thing when faced with a mob of thugs with a history of blowing sideways if their butt starts to itch.
    Couple took a defensive stand that made plain any violent action toward their property would be met with violence.

Everywhere that has been done these mobs remain peaceful and leave. Where it's not been done riots occurred.

The day of pacifism in the face of potentially violent mobs of thugs is over for a good majority of Americans who have the means to defend themselves.