I would like to become a ammo dealer

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by chevyforlife1972nova, Apr 21, 2010.

1. chevyforlife1972nova

chevyforlife1972nova New Member

not a gun dealer just ammo how would i go about this ?
    i would like to work at guns shows and store in my house? is that a problem?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Last time I looked, you need a FFL as a MANUFACTURER of ammo and ammo components, but not as a seller. Business license would be a real good idea. As far as storing at your house- maybe. Depends on zoning laws where you live- shipments delivered to house, quantity, etc. Would start with the local fire marshall, and see what regs THEY have, and with zoning (running business out of your house. St Marys- probably not an issue. Baltimore? Issue. And just FWIW, the stuff that does NOT get sold at a show has to get lugged back home. Hefty, that stuff is. And over 66 lbs in a shipment is going to be HAZMAT- do you know hazmat shipping requirements?

3. chevyforlife1972nova

chevyforlife1972nova New Member

thanks

I have done some research my father is a fire marshall and the storage in my home is def. A no go, I also wanted to speicalize in exotic ammo but all the citys have differnt rules I enjoy the ammo the fine people have suggested on here the ranger law enforcement ammo thanks for the info c3shooter