I won!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mountainman13, Sep 2, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Had a bp competition today. We started out with 2 teams of 5 shooters on a dueling tree. The order to fire was sounded and I nailed the first target dead center, first shot to sound, and 2 targets swung over lol. My second teamate missed. Two of our competitors got shots off and missed and my 3rd teamate hit the last target and ended the team based part of the match.
    We moved onto the singles part of the competition. We had 4 potential shots at 2 lollipops (tootsie pops)at 15 yards. For each shot you took at the candy you lost 5 points. I was the only one to get both and I did it in 1 shot each. Then you had to shoot a 2" target. I had a misfire and lost the chance on that, it counted as a miss. Next was a V shaped target. You had to get as close to the bottom of the V as possible without your hole going outside the V. Well, I hit dead nuts on the bottom of the V. Honestly, I don't know if it counted or not. I was disgusted with the fact that I had a misfire and while I waited for everyone to finish I gathered some berries for a snack.
    I was cleaning my gun a bit. Just minding my own business assuming that I hadn't won due to the misfire and not being in primitive dress (added points) when I was informed that I had won. It was a bit of a shock.

2. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

3. vincent

vincent New Member

Way to go MM, congrats!!!

Primitive dress??? What's that?

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Ty. It was a fun event. I really would have thought the dueling tree was going to take a long time but it was over before I could reload. Lol

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Authentic 1700s style clothing. Moccasins and buck skins etc.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Very impressive, and interesting, about you good sir. A very difficult shooting competition by today's standards for sure!

Congratulations.

7. vincent

vincent New Member

Oh no kidding! That sounds like a lot of fun.

I have a pair of socks that are probably that old, you can borrow them next time if you want! :D

8. TWMIM

TWMIM New Member

Is there a prize? Are there pics?

9. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Not much for a prize. Just the pictured bead. Unfortunately no pictures. Didn't have cameras in the 1700s. (not readily anyway)

Attached Files:

10. tri70

tri70 New Member

Good shooting!

11. bearrwe

bearrwe New Member

Congratulations on winning the shoot, you'll just have to wear an older dress next time!:D

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol. I was being lazy due to lack of sleep. If I had worn the clothing and got the extra points it wouldn't have even been close. I take it as an extra accomplishment that I won when others got "free points" for dressing up.

13. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

14. LongBaller71

LongBaller71 New Member

Congrats! Sounds like a fun time and a cool competition.

15. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!

What a great accomplishment. Good job.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

That's great Man! A BP gun is still on my want list.

17. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Thanks. What are you waiting on a used hawkens can be had for under $200.