Firearms Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
My brother wants to get a pistol it will be his first one.
But he isnt really sure what he wants.
But i do know he like the .40 s&w caliber.
And he is not sure if he wants a full size or compact.
What would you recommend for him to get.
I think his maxium price range would be 700 or less.
He does like the xd but isnt sure if he wants one.
Thanks for the help folk.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'd suggest telling him to go to his lgs and handle as many guns as he can get his hands on. If he's able to rent a few, that's a plus too. He should able to narrow his options down quite a bit after that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nickel1911 said:
I'd suggest telling him to go to his lgs and handle as many guns as he can get his hands on. If he's able to rent a few, that's a plus too. He should able to narrow his options down quite a bit after that.
Thanks i will tell him

·
Registered
269 Posts
Jpfisher1989 said:
Thanks i will tell him
No problem. Once he has it narrowed down to a few finalists he'll be better suited to ask for advice on the specific firearms he's chosen. At which point I'm sure he'll get valuable feedback. Good luck and happy researching to your brother

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nickel1911 said:
No problem. Once he has it narrowed down to a few finalists he'll be better suited to ask for advice on the specific firearms he's chosen. At which point I'm sure he'll get valuable feedback. Good luck and happy researching to your brother
Thanks
But he is being stubborn lol

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
The only sure way to get the right gun is the Netflix method.
Go to Netflix, click Genre's, scroll to Action & Adventure, select the movie in the list that is the same as your brother's birth month, view movie, buy first gun you see kill a bad guy.
This is fool proof, you will buy a gun, maybe not the right one, but at least he'll have one. One is a start, then he can pay more attention and get one that fits his hand, shooting style, caliber preference, etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fireguy said:
The only sure way to get the right gun is the Netflix method.
Go to Netflix, click Genre's, scroll to Action & Adventure, select the movie in the list that is the same as your brother's birth month, view movie, buy first gun you see kill a bad guy.
This is fool proof, you will buy a gun, maybe not the right one, but at least he'll have one. One is a start, then he can pay more attention and get one that fits his hand, shooting style, caliber preference, etc.
Nice one
Thats fun

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Hey that netflix method does look fun....what year was Dirty Harry I need a good excuse to get me a big,honkin' .44 mag hogleg.........

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KalashnikovJosh said:
Hey that netflix method does look fun....what year was Dirty Harry I need a good excuse to get me a big,honkin' .44 mag hogleg.........
Nice one
Hope it works for you lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts