I was ranting....but GOOD NEWS!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by spittinfire, Aug 17, 2009.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

So I have been stressed a little more lately then usual as my wife is job hunting, going to interview after interview and nothing has panned out. I hate my job and have almost no free time, working long hours and 6 days a week. I'm about 6 inches from having a dream jobbut I'm stuck where I'm at so I can keep some health insurance. They are currently making a bunch of changes here at work that make me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.
    Yesterday, I stop everything. I'm going shooting and the wife wants to come, great! So we load up the Marlin 795 that I bought 2 months ago and still haven't shot, my XD and her SP101. We drive about an hour up to my parents land, unload, set up a target and put 50-60 22LR down range when we hear some thunder and the bottom falls out. Now we're grabbing gear, trying to get it in my truck before it gets wet. We got the gear in but now we're wet in a terrible down pour. I think this is just a summer storm and shouldn't last long and we did drive an hour. My wife agrees so we wait for about 15 minutes and it stops. Awesome!! We get out, get our stuff back out, I load a mag in the 45, grab my shooting cube when it starts raining again. This time it doesn't stop and rained for the next hour as we drove home. I couldn't even blow off steam there!!

I must mention the 795 though, the crappy, factory open sites, crappy Federal brick ammo and at 25 yards I was shooting 1". This is while I was using the corner of the bed of my truck and my arm as a rest(we were there to shoot pistol mainly). I think with a scope and some better ammo I might have a decent shooter for $115.

I was just about to post this when my wife called and said she was offered a job as an art teacher(which is what she feels called to do) at a local school and she starts Wednesday. PRAISE GOD!!! This is an answer to some serious prayer! I cannot tell you guys how much of a burden/stress has just been lifted off me. Until this I was the sole provider for everything, she worked part time but only made enough to cover a bill or two a month. My level of relaxation has hit a high for the past 6-8 months. Now I need to drive another hour so I can celebrate with some shooting!

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Damn good to hear that news Spitty, I am happy for you and the Mrs' now you both can celebrate and relax a little. :)

Jack

3. spittinfire

I forgot to mention, this allows me to quit this crappy job I currently have and go do something I actually enjoy doing and get paid more for it at the same time. Insurance has been running my life lately but hey, it's better then obamacare!

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nailing down the lead role in the all male, XXX cast remake of Heavy Into Jeff?? :D :D

Seriously that is GREAT news SF. Really glad for you and the missus. I double dog dare you to pick up a couple of steaks, a couple of huge potatoes and a 6 pack of Dos Exqius on the way home and make a big assed production out of it!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

JD

5. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Congratulations on both your wife's job and your being able to do what you want and make more money.

The good thing is that he never gives us more than we can handle (even though it feels like it at times).

6. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Glad to hear it spit. :D
    The job part that is, the rain out sucks.:mad:

7. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

I dont recall who said this, but I once heard, "Do a job you love, and youll never work a day in your life." If you can do that, your a luckier man then I. :D

8. AsmelEduardo

AsmelEduardo New Member

Congrats SF! I'm glad that your wife and you can enjoy a deserved happiness...

9. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

That's GREAT news spittinfire! Now you'll have more time/money to pursue your future bowhunting & a couple 1911s:D.

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's excellent news. Congratulations to your wife on her new job and kudos to you for sticking things out. I know it's not easy.

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

HUMMMMM Lets see in the woods in the truck with wife that is ALL WET. I sure the hell wouldn't have been thinking about shooting ok well maybe. I will stop there.

That BLOWS off Steam just as well as shooting...

Relive the teenage years a little and spice it up.

12. orangello

orangello New Member

I'm glad it's working out for you. I second the notion of making her dinner to celebrate.

13. spittinfire

Tango.....if you ask for pics I'll hunt you down and kill you....that happen shortly after. twice.

14. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Congratulations to you and your wife Spittin! Further proof that "good things come to good people who wait"...:)

15. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

*shrug* Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Benning Boy, I CLEARLY am not....:mad:

16. fisher77

fisher77 New Member

Congrats SF glad to hear it. Now I triple dog dare you to walk up to your boss, drop your draws, bend over and tell him KISS MY HAIRY AS# Good luck to you and missus.

17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Congratulations SF to you and your wife. I hope for great days ahead in your futures. :)

18. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Congrats Spittin! I'm happy for the two of you!! Maybe now we can relax some, too!!

19. layton

layton New Member

That is great news, and I am glad that you will also now be able to get the job that you wanted,It is very hard to continuously go to a job that you do not care for day in and day out.

Layton

20. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

At least you get a job you like.
    I was working for 4.64 an hour and busted my ass harder than anyone sitting at a desk making 70k a year. Lucky you. ;)

S.S.