I was offered 2 trades for my Glocks yesterday

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by DodgerBlue, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

minding my own business like I always do I was approached at work and one of my co-workers offered me his Dan Wesson .45 and a SKS rifle thingy for my G36. I kicked that offer to the curb! I laughed so hard I'm still laughing.

Second offer was an online offer. A compact M&P .45 for my G32(.357 Sig).

I BRIEFLY thought of that offer before I had what alcoholics call a moment of clarity, and decided no. I'm sure the M&P is a "good gun" and all that, but I just don't know how trust worthy it would hold up of the years. Naw, I decided, give me a Glock or just give me a dam branch off a tree rather than anything eles.

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Glocks are good pistols, but being a 1911 guy, I'd have jumped on that DW 1911 in a heartbeat.

3. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

I agree with the m&p trade. I like m&p but, like you said, can it hold up through the long haul? With the glock you know what your getting. The 1911 im not familiar with, although i hear great things about colt.

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

This is the whole problem I have with Glock "fanboys." Are you SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?! You would turn down a freakin DW 1911 to keep a GLOCK?!?!?! REALLY!?!?!?! Holy crap!

Please, point me in the direction of this goober that offered you that. I have a $500 XD I would GLADLY part with for a $1200 DW 1911.....

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  5. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

There is no way, that a DW 1911 is worth over 1200.00 USD! From the research I've done, DW is the 1911 that people buy when they can't afford a Rock Island 1911. and as far as that SKS, firewood or trade bait is all I see out of that.

6. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Youre not serious are you?

CZ-USA -> Dan Wesson products

Care to click on any of those and tell me what the prices are? Maybe it wasnt a DW that you were offered?

7. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Let me call him at home and we'll make sure what the offer was again. brb

yup Dan Wesson, he wasn't sure of the model but DW for sure. Answer is still no. A G36 is hard to come by and I'm in no hurry to get rid of it.

Only a compact HK in .357 Sig might be able to sway me.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  8. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

What kind of DW? VBOB would buy you 2 more G36 by the way......tell him to call me, Ill give him my XD 40 for his DW in a heartbeat....

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I agree, I'd jump on the Dan Wesson and SKS trade.

10. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

Wholeheartedly concur.

11. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHX_8yMENUo]joe dolce shut up your face - YouTube[/ame]

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

A Dan Wesson 1911 AND an SKS?

Let's see... A DW 1911=$1000 or more
    Add another $300 or more depending on the type of sks.
    Equals you're freaking loco!!!!

Dan Wessons are some of the most sought after 1911's on the market!

13. JJthebull

JJthebull New Member

Im glad im not the only 1 here confused and jealous. I mean I understand glocks are decent but some people are some die hard fans not gun loving collecters. SMH... These are weapons not sports teams

"Having the burden and responsibility of carrying a firearm is well worth my family and love ones safety. I practice for them, and a well trained and prepared man with his love ones on his mind is the most dangerous man." - JJ

14. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Wow, only thing you should be laughing at is the fact that some idiot offered you easily a 1000-1300 trade for a 600.00 gun and you were too arrogant to realize it :rolleyes: *cough* fanboys *cough* :p But in the end it was your choice so i can respect that, to each their own. :cool:

15. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Wait a minute

If the DW is less than a rock island armory than no deal!! Why would this dude want a G36 and he supposedly own a 1200 dollar gun? he must know something we dont. Could it be that the G36 is a rare model? if so, i wouldnt trade it, regardless what kind of 1911 it was:rolleyes:

16. m72law

m72law New Member

is the DW & SKS hot?...thats the only reason,i wouldnt trade;)

i have seen used glock 36's go for less than 400.00...not that rare:confused:

i could have purchased a Glock 30 over the weekend for 150.00 bucks from a co-worker,but being i dont know them that well & i didnt have a pair of gloves on hand:D i passed.

17. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Research is your friend;)
    http://www.cz-usa.com/products/by-brand/dan-wesson/
    Click on all those DW 1911 links and look at the prices.

Now look at this link and examine the price of Rock Island Armory 1911's
    Rock Island Armory for Sale at BudsGunShop
    OP stated and i quote
    So after research, it would show that Rock Island Armory 1911's are what folks buy when they can't afford a Dan Wesson 1911. That statement that the OP made, in my mind, stripped him of any credibility he might have had. Thats just your typical uneducated, arrogant fan boy type statement right there :rolleyes: and that is why so many are speaking out against him right now. It is what it is, don't take it personal:cool:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
  18. Wambli

Wambli New Member

Where did you do this research? Dan Wesson makes a FINE 1911 and you could have sold that SKS for a few hundred $$ and made a great deal even better. I would have thrown the Glock at him and taken the DW off his hand so fast he'd still be wondering what happened. :D

19. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

He is one of 3 things. Glock fanboy blinded by the shiny plastic, a liar or a TROLL!

Sent from my HTC using FirearmsTalk

20. knfxda

knfxda New Member

D) All of the above?

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.