I was almost assaulted today!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by feedsasquatch, Dec 13, 2009.

1. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

So I pull up into the mall parking lot, and this red Ford Probe flies up behind me. No big deal, its Christmas season and everybody wants a parking spot. Well, I need to back up because of the way the lot is designed, so I put my car in reverse, and the car behind me doesn't budge. I honk gently, nothing. I honk again, a bit longer. He gets mad and gives me just enough room to back out of the way. This is where things get interesting...

As I back up I stop to turn around. As soon as I stop, the guy jumps out of his car, darts toward mine, yelling and cursing, and tries to open my door!!! I had just enough time to lock my manual door, and peel out of the parking lot. I wasn't about to take on a 225+ lb white male in his 40's...

He got back in his car to follow me, but I was able to lose him in the holiday car crowd mess... I called the police and they'd said they'd "check into it" but I couldn't get a DL # immediately (I did get it 2 hours later...)

I have no idea what I did to tick him off. But that was way too close for comfort. It all went down so fast! One second I'm thinking that this guy is just an idiot trying to get a parking spot, and the very next he's trying to assault me!!! I don't even want to think about what would have gone down had he opened my car door. I definitely would have feared serious bodily injury at the time though, and would not have hesitated to respond to that threat in a proper manner...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  2. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

And you know what the police would have done for me at the time had I needed them? NOTHING!!! They would have showed up 1/2 an hour later to file the report...

3. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Boy, this, along with your last experience....sounds like Louisville is a really bad place!

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

This is not good. :mad:

5. ssmith3351

ssmith3351 New Member

Glad you're okay and you did the right thing. Get out if you can. If push came to shove (and I hope I never have to) and the guy opened the door I would have probably drawn my gun. LIkely it would have only pissed the guy off, but defense of one's self and property are defendable.

~Steve

6. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

Some parts are worse than others... I've been here 4 years now and never had any issues like this till recently. This is getting ridiculous. I think I need to pick up Gracie Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai again; and maybe Krav Maga too. Not every situation calls for lethal force...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Well, I wish you nothing but the best in the future. Hopefully just coincidence.:)

8. themyst

themyst New Member

I read this news article the other day: Gun deaths tried to fray the thin blue line in '09 - Yahoo! News

And this quote really got to me:

"There's an increasingly desperate population out there," said Eugene O'Donnell, a professor of police studies at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York. "Other than in rare cases for ideological reasons, we really haven't seen people taking on the cops head-to-head. Something is amiss. It should be cause for grave concern."

I know the article was focusing on gun violence toward police, but I think we're seeing it more in all aspects of normal life, too. More people than ever seem to be getting angry and desperate. :(

9. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

You did the right thing. Usually bullies like that step back & run when someone my size gets out of my truck though. It's fun to watch them run.

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'll bet they do Bear,lol!!

IMO I think that guy was looking for trouble. Probably some hothead that thinks he needs to take on the world and make people see things his way.

I wouldn't have gotten out either. It's best to just leave like you did. No reason to pull a gun unless he has a weapon.

++++++ On taking up martial arts again! :)

11. Thelt

Thelt New Member

I had something like this happen several years ago. I was a passenger when the driver pulled in to a parking spot and got a little too close for the comfort of a guy walking to his car parked in the next spot. When we got out of the car he got in an argument with the driver. It got heated. The guy was probably 6'3" 230lbs. The driver 5'7" 150 lbs. I am 5'7" and about 180 lbs at the time. I got between them when it looked obvious that he was going to punch my friend the driver. He shoved me and came in with his fists up. I dropped back with the shove and caught him just below the belt line with a solid side kick as he came in. I pulled it a little since I did not want to hurt him too bad. He was coming in though so it was a solid kick. He doubled over a bit and backed off. About this time his wife had pulled their car around and he left with her. Nothing else came of it.

I did not own a gun at the time but I was into karate big time and though I was billy bad ass. Ten years, extra pounds and a bad knee later and I carry a CCW.....

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Cool a karateka! What style? :cool:

13. Thelt

Thelt New Member

Sheeto-Ryu (spelled it wrong on purpose so it would not change it to stars), I also took some Tae Kwon Do for a while too.

14. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Sh1to-ryu.......... :)

Yes, another yet softer Okinawan (originally) style. TKD is bad for you. :D

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  15. Thelt

Thelt New Member

TKD will make some people neglect their hands and rely only on their kicks. In that way it can be bad for you. It has some good training elements to it though.

I have not trained much in years. I blew my knee out.

16. orangello

orangello New Member

Sasquatch, i didn't see this thread; maybe it is time to move to the 'burbs man. :(

17. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

yeah, well, even people that live in the burbs have to travel to the mall every now and then...