I want to buy a glock but which one should I?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Sparkmond, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Sparkmond

Sparkmond New Member

I currently have a Springfield xdm-40 but I want something smaller for cc... Any suggestions?

2. miamivice

miamivice New Member

My vote goes to the GLOCK 19.

3. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

I'd say glock 30, at 10 rounds of .45 in A concealable gun,it's the only glock that has a step up on what other gun makers have trouble doing in a CC .45,which is squeeze in those extra rounds.

Or a glock 20 if your into 10mm,glock is the best platform for that caliber as well in my opinion.

Any other caliber though glock is on even ground with their competitors,and you are likely to find a different gun you like better in 9,40,357,etc...

But if you just want a glock to say you have a glock,or if glocks truly are the gun that grabs you back when you pick it up,get one in the biggest caliber and size that you can effectively shoot and carry.

4. Sparkmond

Sparkmond New Member

Thanks guys! I was looking at the glock 30s but I need to physically check it out. Looks pretty small.

5. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

They are pretty small, but they are bulky. I have a G27 and it is unwieldy for me to shoot. I have not shot the G30 but I can't imagine it is much better.

Ya wanna buy my G27?

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

7. pawjr74

pawjr74 New Member

I was looking at a .40 Glock and ended up purchasing a Ruger SR40 instead.

8. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Why not check into the xds ?? Either in 45 or 9. I have the 45 and it is a pleasure to shoot and carry. Very accurate as well.

9. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

g19 gets my vote

10. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

Sometimes reading the original post is a great idea! :p

:idea:

11. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

The xds is smaller than the xdm isn't it

12. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

About 25% smaller

13. danolator

danolator New Member

Glock 19 is a great gun to start your Glock collection. I recently picked up the 30 and it has moved to the front of the line, but I still shoot my 19 quite frequently.

14. JW357

JW357 New Member

I'm a tad confused. Not trying to start another Glock debate, but I could have sworn the XDm was smaller than pretty much any Glock out there?

Am I missing something?

15. Sparkmond

Sparkmond New Member

Thank u guys for all your help! I am going to find a range that I can rent the glock 30 and the xds

16. danolator

danolator New Member

That will convince you to buy the 30. Good luck!!

17. bigwoody698

bigwoody698 New Member

If your one of those fellows traveling around the seedier parts of town and are sure you will need a Hollywood magazine that never runs out then go with the g30. If not and your simply looking for a CC weapon just in case, look at the G36. A single stack Glock in 45ACP and a good little shooter with a big daddy punch. Not as pretty as the Sig or Kimber or any other gun for that matter because after all it is a Glock. But bless their little hearts Glocks are priced to own.

18. rifleman77

rifleman77 New Member

I have large hands and the 30 kills my fingers. I can only grip it with 2 fingers and the trigger guard hits my trigger finger every shot. Get a FNS 40 or 9 or glock 19/ 23. Mid sized conceal ability. Or you could get a commander or office model 1911. That would be better than any glock any day.

19. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Like he said, G30sf hard to beat that. 10 rounds of 45acp bigboys is formidable.