I Want This Hog

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by alsaqr, Nov 19, 2014.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

I Want This Hog: Gotcha White Hog!!!

This ugly white hog frequents a feeder where we have a trap (behind the big tree). About 20 different hogs frequent that place: Some are trap shy. The trap was not set for several days until yesterday. Maybe we can get that sucker.

The date is wrong: The time is correct.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll268/alsaqr/SUNP0104.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Mmmm, wild boar tenderloin is one of the finest pieces of meat I have ever eaten.

Good hunting!

3. alsaqr

We caught the white hog sometime last night:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  4. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

That looks like a whole lotta good eats, right there!

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Huh. I was going to say name him Snowball but I guess not. :p

6. alsaqr

Showball was a her. :D

7. deg

deg Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Then I guess the correct spelling would be sNOwBalls

8. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Ugly white hog? Have you ever seen a sexy white hog? :rolleyes:

Congrats. Hope you didn't get any bloodstains on those fluorescent shoes. :)

9. krauthen

krauthen New Member

Cant wait to get to TX to shoot some more hogs.
    My new hobby for my DPMS.

They are very good eating.

Congrats

10. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Nice swine!! I guess you know where you feet are heading with those shoes......

11. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Wow, big pig! Feral Pigs havent taken over NY, Yet. Not sure they will get a chance to either, Coyotes own the woods and we still have a great amount of hunters to take up the ones that the yotes miss. I cant imagine these thing getting so out of control with such a tough economy, you would think they would end up in someones freezer long before they got that big! Anyone bought a cheap Ham lately, how bout a pound of bacon? I cant find any in the supermarket not priced higher than precious metals!

Not meaning to rant but with all that fine meat on the hoof and running wild, one would think they would be prime targets of opportunity for lower income and MCers to fill up the freezer with. I like pig, I wont lie, if they start coming around these parts, I might just start hunting again!

12. alsaqr

Yep, one would think so. But there are numerous factors that come into play.

1. OK has a dearth of public land. Outside of deer season hunters on WMAs are not allowed to use centerfire rifles to shoot hogs. Then the OWDC hires helicopters and at great expense to shoot wild hogs in the WMAs. We are not allowed to shoot wild hogs at night.

2. Farmers and ranchers whine and complain about about wild hogs until a hunter asks permission to hunt: The answer is always no.

3. Deer hunters refuse to shoot wild hogs.

4. Oklahoma has these awful hog hunting ranches that are allowed to buy live hogs. Bubba types continue to release hogs into the wild.

5. Coyotes are very reluctant to take on adult wild hogs. They seem aware that they may kill a hog but get cut up in the process. They do snatch up a pig from time to time.

Many of the wild hogs here have German boar blood. Those hogs have a blood curdling distress call that will bring any adult boar within hearing. From a perch in a tree stand, i watched a bobcat hassle a sow and her big pigs. She called 911 and here came a boar with big tusks. The boar hit that bobcat and tossed him 15 feet into the air, killing the cat. Looked at the bobcat when it was all over. His guts were hanging out and his shoulder was cut almost off.

BTW: The guy with the shoes is my hog trapping bud. :D

13. deg

deg Active Member Lifetime Supporter

alsaqr is correct on his assessment and 'yotes controlling the hogs - not a chance. There are gobs of 'yotes here in OK and lots of pigs - them pigs can be one mean dang critter....

14. ironmike0311

ironmike0311 New Member

I was going to ask about the shoes, then figured he just saw them super cheap and figured well... I'm gonna get mud and blood all over them anyway

my late uncle was known to buy shoes like that then slop black latex paint on them lol

15. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

We trap them when they allow and we use high velocity lead and copper implants to 'permanently' sterilize the rest of them!:D
    THE ONLY GOOD HOG IS A DEAD HOG!