I want a new 40 cal

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by SWiFTCLiPs409, Jun 22, 2013.

1. SWiFTCLiPs409

SWiFTCLiPs409 New Member

I Have a Glock 19 now which I love, but I would like to get a 40 cal I was thinking about the FNS 40 or the Smith and Wesson M&P 40 what are your opinion on both of the pistols also I wouldn't be opposed to getting another Glock just want to to get overall opinion of different 40 Cal weapons

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have long been a proponent of unifying your carry weapons. Glock has a different grip angle than any other pistol. If you go Glock, go ALL Glock.

3. SWiFTCLiPs409

SWiFTCLiPs409 New Member

I understand what your saying but I know how my Glock feels and shoots also have shot 45 cal Glocks along with 40 Glocks and like them as well but would like to get something with a safety for my next pistol

4. bbertram

bbertram New Member

I'm not a fan of safeties, but I AM a fan of something safer than a Glock for CC . Glock trigger is great for shooting, but not so great for pulling out of a holster. I'd shop for a Sig P239 ( used) . Lovely , well built pistol.
    :)

5. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

What will be it's intended use? That will help narrow the ground some. I have a XD40SC & a Dan Wesson PM7 40. Somewhere between those two extremes you will probably find something that will work for you.
    Of the two you mention, I'd probably go with the M&P. Just for the simple reason that finding add ons and accessories for an M&P is going to be a lot easier than for the FNS.
    Alternative striker guns: the Springfield XD/XDm pistols deserve a look.
    Alternative hammer fired: CZ 75 series and it's derivatives. Great value and performance.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  6. SWiFTCLiPs409

SWiFTCLiPs409 New Member

Intended use is concealed carry

7. DenverSteve

DenverSteve New Member

Then there are many excellent .40 sub-compacts. I would head to your favorite local gun store/experts and ask them to see a few. For curiosity, why change from 9 to .40? I find it far easier to stick with one caliber so ammunition is simpler.

8. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter New Member

You might want to check out the Ruger SR40c,great gun.

9. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

I too am a fan of the CZ-type guns. You can carry them in any condition. I like to keep mine with the hammer down and safety off and all I have to do is pull the DA trigger. After the first shot, it is in single action. And can also be carried like the 1911s in SA carry and hammer locked, or hammer pulled halfway back, wich also brings the trigger back and closer (if you have short fingers)

when they shoot they are very smooth.

My number one choice for an Auto.

You should go to a big box store that has them all and hold each different one and see what you llike and what feels the best for your hand.

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Get ya a g35 or may be a g20 and add some other conversion barrels for 40sw , 357 sig and 9x25 dillion.

11. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

I have the SR9c, and absolutely love it....The .40 i bet is just as good. The ergonomics on the SR line make them feel like an extension of your arm. And i like the mag safety feature (i know some people dont)

12. AR10

AR10 New Member

Amazon, trigger block safety. Glock 23.

13. cbrend

cbrend New Member

I had a hard time finding one (earlier this year), not sure if they're still in short supply - but I'm a big fan of the Walther PPQ. Mine is .40 and it's been great. Limited experience admittedly, but this one fit my hand like it was made for it and has been easy and accurate to shoot.