I want a 2.23 thinking about mossberg mvp any i should look at

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by rifleman29, Aug 28, 2013.

1. rifleman29

rifleman29 New Member

I need a .223 bolt action for hunting under $600 don't want a AR

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  2. kaido

kaido New Member

I wouldn't mind a 2.23 either, but something tells me ammunition is going to be on the high side of things. I've never happened to see that round at all, not even in my reloading manual.

In all seriousness, it's ".223", you might also want to include what the use would be. Hunting, target/plinking, shooting for smallest groups..... There's a lot to consider.

Another thing to include would be price range. Someone might suggest a $3,000.xx rifle while your looking for a $700.xx one. I'd say include action type, but I'm assuming you're wanting a bolt action?

3. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

know someone who got a savage axis for $280 chambered in .223.

just in our first sighting in, we were getting 1-2" groups @100 with crap russian ammo, so it looks to be a MOA shooter or close. no probs, it shot real nice. only thing i didn't like....no irons. but that is pretty common on bolts these days.

oh..and i think the mvp would be great...but not so easy to find i have heard.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  4. rifleman29

rifleman29 New Member

Thanks I will look in to the savage

5. noahlanier9

noahlanier9 New Member

Go savage 110/111 tropthy hunter xp. I picked one up chambered in 30-06 and I love it. The local turners has them for for $519 I believe. It comes with a Nikon scope and all around the gun is awesome.

6. Tjurgensen

Tjurgensen New Member

I have a savage axis also in a .223 and as hawkguy said it is extremely accurate for the money. I have shot many sub moa groups at 100yds and ruined a lot of coyotes day with it

7. Tjurgensen

Tjurgensen New Member

I have a savage axis also in a .223 and as hawkguy said it is extremely accurate for the money. I have shot many sub moa groups at 100yds and ruined a lot of coyotes' day with it.