I want a 1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by urquidez, May 16, 2012.

1. urquidez

urquidez New Member

I want a good quality 1911 but I don't want to spend to much money anyone kno good brand for fair price

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

What do you want it for? Carry? Recreation?

Tactical or old G.I. style, need more info.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Check out Rock Island and High standard, both are Armscor products. They are in the $425-$500 range, well worth the money

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

While the Rock Island of late have been better than before....

I would suggest that you evaluate your intended use for the 1911.

If my life was to depend on a firearm, I would not want to be cheap on the firearm, ammunition, magazines, or accessories.

5. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I'd recommend saving your money a little bit more and get yourself in the $700-$800 1911 category. You'll see a huge difference in quality compared to the $400-$500 1911s. That's just been my experience.

6. MPGSr

MPGSr New Member

I have a grand saved to buy a nice 1911. The problem here in NJ is there has been a "gun rush" and finding one is next to impossible.

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

At that price, you've got a huge variety to choose from and they will all be good quality guns. Just focus on what feels good to you, has the features you want, and has the look you want.

8. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw New Member

Are you sure you want a 1911?

You get one, then you want two...three...four!!!!!

Check out the MetroArms American Classic. I have one it is everything in a 1911 that I could want. Great price for a first gun, too.

9. DallasShooter

DallasShooter New Member

Inexpensive and cheap are not necessarily the same thing! My Metro Arms American Classic II is awesome, and so is my RIA GI and their performance has been as good as my Colt that cost twice as much. I would trust my life to any of them.

10. MrWray

MrWray New Member

+1,000,000

My High Standard shoots and feels so good that Cane himself would be happy to own it. I definately trust my life to it.

11. fmj

fmj New Member

You can get a lot of 1911 in the $1000 price range.

Springfield armory loaded stainless and still have money for a wilson combat trigger group and some ammo.

Have heard good things about the Remington R-1...but have to get my grubby little mitts on one to test drive....

12. danf_fl

Understanding that cheap does not equal inexpensive.

You can have a quality piece inexpensively, or an expensive piece that is cheap.

If the equipment that you use in self defense / protection is cheap and of questionable quality, then, IMO, you don't appreciate what your life is worth.
    (That includes ammo, holsters, accessories)

13. vaskeet

vaskeet New Member

STI spartan in the 650 range mime has been great I like and shoot it better than my springfield loaded Randy

14. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

My two choices would be a SIG or STI Spartan as mentioned above

15. Olympus

Olympus New Member

For $1000 range, I'd rather have the STI Trojan, full American-made 1911, than the Armscor Spartan.

16. danf_fl

Thanks Cane. Missed it.

the OP sounds like someone who wants others to do the research on firearms for him/her.

The first word I think of is "lazy".

17. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Get a ruger sr1911 for 650 its as nice as a sig or low end kimber. I love mine

18. canebrake

canebrake New Member

One of my tricks when the OP doesn't reply after several good posts.

I go lookin' to see where he's playing. :rolleyes:

19. urquidez

urquidez New Member

I'm buying both a glock and 1911. Ty