I tried to pay my bill...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by user4, Feb 21, 2009.

1. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

That's awesome, he's even smiling. Maybe I should have sent my auto insurance company on of those. We were waiting for my wife's check from work to come through before we paid our bill, it was like 2 days late, the first time it's ever been late and they cancelled our auto insurance. What an effing pile of crap, what happened to grace period, everybody has a grace period.:mad:

2. ScottG

ScottG New Member

My auto insurer has always cancelled the policy if payment wasn't made by the due date. I don't know if that means they won't reinstate it. What did they say?

3. WDB

WDB New Member

That's funny! Not only did he get the person to keep responding to him he got about a week extra to pay the bill!

When I was in college I didn't have the money to pay a light bill so when the disconnect notice came I called them I explained that I had just put a check in the mail. I mailed them a check made out to sports illistrated. A week latter I got a letter in the mail from the electric company explaining my mistake. I called them right away and appoligized for my error and promised I would get a check in the mail promptly. It got me the extra two weeks I needed to get the money together.

I like the spider story better!

4. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

They didn't say anything, they just cancelled it. Our independent agent made them reinstate it before we got there , she told them that we are good for it and are very rarely ever late for our bill. We really pisses me off the more I think about it is that they also charged us a $10 charge because it was late. So they charged me for something that I technically don't have.

I've always had a grace period with all the insurance companies I've been with and never had this problem. They also like to send us a cancellation notice two week before the bill is even due, so much for going green.

5. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

im gunna have to try something like that to see if i can get the same reaction from someone:D

6. ScottG

ScottG New Member

Hmmm, that's interesting. As long as I can remember insurance companies where I've lived have never had a grace period. If you missed the payment by close of the business day it was due, you were automatically cancelled.

Perhaps states regulate this?