I Traded Guns

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ninjatoth, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Well,my story begins last January when I purchased my first handgun.I got a Rossi .357 snub.Then a month later I got a Taurus 94 .22.The .22 was terrible,misfires and lockups,so I sent it in to be repaired,3 months later they sent me a new gun,then a month later,that one broke-the transfer bar snapped,so as soon as I got another new gun back from Taurus I took it along with my Rossi and went to be rid of them Taurus guns.I traded them both along with 30 bucks for a new Ruger P95 9mm.Now I have one good gun instead of 2 not so good guns.I have learned my lesson,it is better to buy a good name brand's bottom of the line gun than a lower quality maker's top of the line gun.Now I have my eyes on a Ruger GP100 .357,or a S&W 637 .38 snubbie.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      71.8 KB
      Views:
  2. ccr203

ccr203 New Member

Nice choice, I have a P94 in S+W 40. Very reliable weapons.

Enjoy, and a range report soon??

3. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

Range report is this-I had problems with jamming on the first 35 rounds,so I cleaned it up and oiled the slide slightly then went out with 70 rounds and all fired off perfectly.

4. ccr203

ccr203 New Member

Thats interesting. Most P series Rugers function well out of the box. They are built to last.

My P94 has been flawless since day one.

Sounds like just needed the lube job. Glad it worked well after that.

I think you will be happy with it, and if not, keep trying new autos.

The ruger revolvers are nice as well. A co worker just picked up a SP101 with a 3" barrel. Nice weapon.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Cool beans. It sux when firearms don't work right or break. I'm glad you're happy with your Ruger. :cool:

6. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Congrats. I own a P95 that is 100% reliable and deadly accurate. Good choice, and good luck on getting a revolver (both choices are excellent).

7. OC357

OC357 New Member

I would lean towards the GP100. With that you have a 38 and a .357 all wrapped up in one and you won't need a snubbie.....:D

Just my opinion.

OC

8. opaww

opaww New Member

I would rather have one good weapon that works then a whole closet full of guns that only work part time.

I think you made the right choice

9. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I really like snubs,and my personal opinion after owning a .357 snub is that snubbies have no business being small framed and chambered for .357.I would be better off with a .38+p smith.I like the gp100 .357,but I got kind of a thing against using .38s in a .357,I don't know what it is,just one of my ocd quirks.If I own a .357 and practice with .38s,I don't have as much fun because I know I ain't playing with all it's got to give.If I own a dedicates .38 special,I feel fine because I know when I shoot .38s,its the maximum I can shoot in it.

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I think you have a winner! Hold on to it. :)

11. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

My Taurus PT111-PRO 9mm will prove that Taurus are not junk !

And a .22 ? Misfires up da a$$.. Cmon now..

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I have the same gun (taurus) and it has only jammed once in 500rds, but I think my grip was low.

13. RONSERESURPLUS

RONSERESURPLUS New Member

YUP< sounds like a good plan and hope it works?

Hello all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS

I'm sory to hear all the problems with the Taurus and Rossi guns? Was a time when i trusted them and saw some good working weapons from them both! I've seen enough now to think that it's HIT and MISS and a GAMBLE? ! See far too many taurus Guns sent back again and again with all sort of Problems? I agree that one should buy or trade for a working design, Ruger while not my First Pick has a very good Repair and replacement policy! I just wish they wold sell some parts they worn;t and that they would not Support ANTi_GUN Legislkation just to prop up thier bottom like as they did wtih the 94 Assault Weapons ban! Bill Ruger Senior has made many speaches of how, if he had his way he's never sell to CIVILIANS, ONLY MILITRAY and POLICE? I hgeard that myself when he was trying to sell Mini-14's to the MILITARY, I stopped buyying RUGERS new that DAY! I never support those that desire to limit my rights and sell me only what he wants to sell me? Was the same way with Smityh and Wesson when they were owned by a british Firm and did all osrt of silly things? I do agree that trade of 2 bad for 1 good is a WIN!

I just hope that he disclosed the weapons prreoblems before he traded the so someone else is not stuck with the tauus and Rossi that are bad actors?

RON