Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking of buying an AR for the past year, but other things needed attention. I would just move it into the 5 year plan. After Fridays tragedy I moved the purchase up to Sunday. I started reading and stopped by the local Gunshop to look and maybe buy. I talked to someone that was honest, he said buy off the Internet and save some money.
I found on gunbroker a spikes tactical mil spec complete upper. I bought it and a complete lower. I can't wait to get them and post some pics. Well it's bedtime.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nice job man. My current build (my third and final) is a Spike's build. Ordered more parts for it this morning so now the wait begins. :)

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
its really personal preference but turn that mount around and get that red dot out in front of you more it will give you a better window when shooting with both eyes open, By the way nice stick you have there

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
purehavoc said:
its really personal preference but turn that mount around and get that red dot out in front of you more it will give you a better window when shooting with both eyes open, By the way nice stick you have there
Thanks for the tip. Doing that would help give room for a 3x magnifier. I just started looking into them. Thanks again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AndyRexia said:
Nice job man. My current build (my third and final) is a Spike's build. Ordered more parts for it this morning so now the wait begins. :)
I am very pleased with how it looks. I showed my coworkers and they love it. I think I converted 2 more to AR 15's. with any luck it won't be to late.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AndyRexia said:
Oh and one more thing. Getting a spikes is totally worth the wait. Can't wait to see it when it's together.

·
Registered
423 Posts
kobel1up said:
Oh and one more thing. Getting a spikes is totally worth the wait. Can't wait to see it when it's together.
I agree. I'm trying to make the rifle a complete Spike's build. What I mean is, put as many Spike's parts on it as I can (without being ridiculous about it).

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
You don't hear of Spikes around here as much as you used to but they build a solid AR. PSA stole some of their bang-for-the-buck thunder so it's good to be reminded Spikes is out there and a smart choice. Nice rifles guys!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quentin said:
You don't hear of Spikes around here as much as you used to but they build a solid AR. PSA stole some of their bang-for-the-buck thunder so it's good to be reminded Spikes is out there and a smart choice. Nice rifles guys!
My other choice was a doublestar. I just got lucky with spikes.

·
Registered
7,545 Posts
Yeah, you did well. I'd take Spikes over Doublestar any day.

·
Registered
105 Posts
purehavoc said:
I agree with ya. I did the same on mine.

image-2187612575.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
kobel1up said:
That looks good. Gonna turn mine around today.
Thanks, turned around will give you more room and a better feel on the sight.

·
Registered
105 Posts
kobel1up said:
That looks good. Gonna turn mine around today.
It will also as you stated in a previous thread fit a 3X magnifier as I run the 1X5X magnifier on mine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts