I think they go well together

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by cddbrowns, May 25, 2011.

1. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Now that looks like a happy couple. :D

2. General_lee

General_lee New Member

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Well at least the off-spring will have JMB genes.

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

I have a question about the Colt, since this is the 1911 forum and all. It seems like I over lube the slide rails, I see pics of others 1911s here and they are PERFECT clean. As you can see in that pic, there is a little gunk that shows through. I use a lubricant spray to lube up the slide, and I wipe it out pretty good while trying to leave some of the lube there. Will this harm the gun in any way? The only reason I ask is because everyone elses is so clean and perfect and mine has the visible lube collecting and showing. I know common sense would say no, it wont harm a thing, but I am just making sure. Any advice would be appreciated.

5. red ryder

red ryder New Member

alittle extra lube never hurt anyone.

6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I believe that the 1911 should have been on top! :)

It doesn't take much lube if everything is correct. 1 drop per rail is all I use.

7. Wambli

Wambli Member

I never use oil on my rails. I want my lube in critical areas to stay where I put it. I use Shooters Choice or Wilson Combat grease. I apply it with a small thin watercolor brush and spread it very thin and evenly over the rails. Works great and does not run or dry up as lesser stuff does.

8. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

Nice Couple.

I rub my guns down with Rem-Oil wipes.

9. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

Some times i just rub my gun's to rub my gun's. but i just use a drop each rail i use hopp's