I think I'm in love!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Simpleman, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Simpleman

Simpleman New Member

Well today while getting ammo for
    Some rifles I was looking at some hand guns, although I have a para ordnance
    1911, Glock 22 .40 cal, and sig mosquito .32 which I
    Hate! My attention went towards CZ and I am I'm love they all feel amazing! Is there any CZ that I
    Should turn my attention to? Thanks -simpleman

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

im partial to the CZ 97BD and the CZ75

3. LeoGripster

LeoGripster New Member

I own a CZ75 SP-01 tactical. It is an all steel frame vs. the Phantom which has the polymer frame.

It is a shooter and I got it because I love the 1911 style steel frame and the polymer pistol capacity (18 rounds of 9mm). I too feel in love by just holding it. The grip is truly patterned after the Browning Hi-Power which is the only other gun that feels completely made for my hands.

Only disadvantages of the CZ is availabiliy of accessories like a holster and the extra mag costs.

I've thought about selling it in the past, but can't part with it!

The triggers are a bit "stagey" and long when it comes to the DA. But in SA, it is crisp and easy to keep on target. Many recommend upgrading the trigger, but I really don't like guns that can't function extremely well out of the box.

I actually like the stagey trigger because it is a GREAT trainer. If I want to improve my trigger pull, grip, breathing, etc. I dry fire this beauty and it is amazing how well I can then shoot my other pistols. It is also a great trainer for the wife and kids. If you can keep on target with this DA trigger, then any other gun (except for maybe a Sig) will be easy to handle IMO.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Try CDNN for mags.

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

A holster made for a glock 21 will work great! I bought a concealable fobus holster for my sp 01 tactical. I also bought some extra mags, not too hard to find those.

I had a cz75b, but the tactical lets me get back on target much easier because it's front heavy. It's a great gun and will be much better with a trigger job from CZ.

6. HKSlinger

HKSlinger New Member

IMHO, the CZ and the High Power are two of the most comfortable to hold handguns out there.

7. Simpleman

Simpleman New Member

What do y'all think of the dw v-bob? Just by holding these guns I have become a huge fan of CZ

8. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I really, really liked my CZ 75B. I loved my Dan Wesson CBOB and I really liked my 9mm CZ 2075 RAMI. Any of those three gets the CA357 stamp of approval. I won't recommend something that I've never owned, or at least shot a bunch.

9. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

I am saving for a CZ 75 SP-01 (all steel) myself so I know how you feel.

10. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

CZ 75 mags are affordable enough. I've bought the 16+1 Mec-Gars from Midway for $20-25. That might not be the case with the slightly higher capacity SP-01 mags, however.

Mec-Gar mags are the way to go for many metal framed guns...Sig, Browning, Beretta, CZ, etc. Identical to the factory mags for a fraction of the price.

11. Westy

Westy New Member

I have one CZ, a P40 ""Frankengun" as they were sometimes referred to. I picked mine up a few years ago for well under $400.00. My understanding is they were frames from one model and a slide from another. It also has a rail for "goodies" if you're into that stuff. Not that it matters, as it's a great shooter! I almost bought two at the price I paid and wished I would have. Not sure if you can still get them.

Attached Files:

12. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

The CZ's are excellent handguns, accurate, dependable, just great service/defense weapons. My matte stainless 75B has been perfect since it was purchased late 2006. I bought it used, but I don't think it had 100 rounds through it when I bought it. A friend of mine has a Dan Wesson Pointman Seven, another excellent pistol, he got it not long after CZ acquired Dan Wesson. He was looking for a Bobtail at the time, but the Pointman Seven came along and was priced right so he grabbed it instead. He's been pleased with it and is his carry weapon when he carries one.

As sweeper22 mentioned, the Mec-Gar mags are easy to find and reasonably priced, the 16+1, 17+1 and the 19+1 "Plus-2" mags all fit a function in my 75B. Three of my four handguns are using Mec-Gar mags and none of them have had a problems feeding a cycling. Holster's aren't hard to find for the standard 75B/85 pistols, but some times choice is limited or the price is high. The one pictured below is from Safariland and fits perfectly, models with an accessory rail may be harder to find a holster for. A site called Falco has several holsters for the CZ's in leather and ballistic nylon, including a couple of leather shoulder rigs. He also sells his stuff on e-Bay.

I've read that 1911 holsters will fit the 75B's, but not the few I've bought for my Para. They're not shaped right in the trigger guard area, the CZ's trigger guard is rather long compared to the 1911 and it just doesn't fit secure enough for my taste, plus the thumb-breaks didn't t fit or function well either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Stainless CZ75B....GIGGITY:eek::D

CZ makes very good guns, a 75B is high on my "guns to buy" list.

14. Simpleman

Simpleman New Member

I just love the way they feel in my hand they seem to fit best to my large hands, (size 14 ring finger) the two that I will carry will be CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical 40 for the Winter months, and CZ 2075 RAMI for the Summer. I do very much like CZ 75 BD (Big D**K) as the gun salesman said. I am just partial with the 40. The salesman was also trying to get me to look into Wilson Combat, but he didnt have any in stock so I couldnt get a feel for it. I figured that I would ask yall. but like I said before I want two for every day granted the season of coures but any feed back from yall I will take a look at I am good Friends with the owner and he will let me fire what ever I want. Again thank yall so much! Simpleman

15. LeoGripster

LeoGripster New Member

You use the Fobus G21 holster for your CZ 75 tactical then? Good to know! I wish someone had told me that years ago.

16. LeoGripster

LeoGripster New Member

I'll have to check it out. I think the factory originals are in the neighborhood of $40- $50, but it has been awhile since I last checked.

17. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Another vote for the CZ 75.

Labeled by many "the perfect pistol".

Used by more police forces worldwide than any other gun.

18. improvised_prepper

improvised_prepper New Member

I put in another vote for the CZ. They are awesome guns! But like someone else already pointed out you can't find a holster or spare mags as easily as a these well known gun makers.

On another note, since most of you own a CZ75, I'm looking for an OWB holster.... Any suggestions?

19. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Something about most CZs look very Hi Poweresque to me. Neither are for me, but I've heard nothing but the absolute best about the both!

20. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I've handled and fired several CZ75s. I really like them. A few years back I was shopping for a 9mm and I would have bought a CZ75 if I could have had one with decocker only. But all that I could find had manual safeties and that's a deal breaker for me.