Premium Member
11,859 Posts
Reactions: RJF22553 and dango

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
Then I'm on the right track already ....! :p
Hey, I'll pay to have it put back! .!.

So, other that weak, how are you feeling? Are you optimistic about the long-term prognosis? You going to be busting firewood by Fall? I really am cheering for you, Dan.

·
Premium Member
16,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey, I'll pay to have it put back! .!.

So, other that weak, how are you feeling? Are you optimistic about the long-term prognosis? You going to be busting firewood by Fall? I really am cheering for you, Dan.
There's not much left in me that has not been patched up in one way or another so I think I'm good on my birth warranty , ( GOOD FOR LIFE ).......! Must say , all in all , I feel great ...! :)

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
There's not much left in me that has not been patched up in one way or another so I think I'm good on my birth warranty , ( GOOD FOR LIFE ).......! Must say , all in all , I feel great ...! :)
I am glad to hear it. As long as you live, I am not the ugliest man in the world!

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
It takes a LOT of time after removal of Brain Tumor. Wife had a very large one removed in January of 2015. Fast spreading small cell cancer.
She was similar to you for over a year. Then, she began to feel better.
She still had to and does today have to have Chemo Therapy. The newer drugs are unbelievable compared to a few years ago. The Doctors, she listened to, and followed their directions. She had been given only 8 months in 2015! Been going well for her and she is strong right now.
Except for another week or so. Then back to normal it seems. A surgery was done on her just the day before Thanksgiving. I was able to bring her home on Thanksgiving day. She is taking it very easy for a week or two now. It was a very large new tumor between heart and lung. The Coronary surgeons removed it without, Open Heart type surgery. Just 3 small holes on the left side for the procedure. May Jesus and God bless those four surgeons! Trust GOOD Doctors always!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Good to hear you’re doing well brother and glad that you are back in the saddle. ;)

Reactions: RJF22553 and dango

·
Premium Member
1,587 Posts
Glad you are doing better and on your way back, don't forget to breathe and pace yourself and hopefully you are camping soon.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The swordsman is back, that's very good, live long and prosper, a short but sweet statement that is fitting. Great to have you back.

Reactions: dango

·
Premium Member
16,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
The swordsman is back, that's very good, live long and prosper, a short but sweet statement that is fitting. Great to have you back.
As you know but I see many new faces among us now , that sword is just too much of who I am . I will never stop using it as long as I am able . It seems that day is still quite a ways away !

They may take our guns but they can not take away a life time of knowledge ! Like a light Summer's breeze , there and gone ......

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Glad to have you back, sir ! Your thoughts always calmed what sometimes seemed an ugly brawl. So far they've cut, scanned, poked, and stented everything on me from my colon to my chin. You apparently started from the top down ! Again - glad to have you back.

·
Premium Member
16,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
A Progress Report:

I started out with 9 different exercises , sit ups , curls , presses , shrugs , bench presses , pectoral butter flys , triceps stretches, two exercises for the mid section or abdoman . Going on thirteen weeks , Monday , Wensday and Friday . Good thing I'm stubborn cause my limits are down right embarrassing !

I have not set any unreasonable goals but looking back , well , that was then and this is now ! Getting older really suck-eth ! :( The sit ups are not too shabby but I sure need a lot of work on everything else ! I really have to reprogram and work what I have left . There are things I will have to do to live this life out here in the wilds , period ! Like I said in the beginning , when I could not pull start my leaf blower , it was a must to just plane get tougher .

The road to success is a bit longer than I thought but one foot in front of the other , I will get there . Living here will make or break a body and I don't fill that broken yet !

FACT: I will keep on keeping on until that day comes when I know I no longer can . I don't know when that day will be but honestly , I feel too damn good to even think I'm done !

No time to look back , only forward and so be it ! May you all feel as good as I do and always find worth , love and beauty in every breath we take !

Thank each and everyone of you for all your support !

·
Premium Member
16,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Gotta love simple strength workouts.

A couple of useful additions: weights in a ruck sack, walking distances or hiking trails; and, cycling.

Good to see you're getting back into the saddle, again.

Of course, in older phart territory, myself, the one appalling thing I've found out is: recovery time takes much longer than it once did. Goes with the territory. Better than the alternative, though.
For my lower half , I've got an old "Alice" military frame pack that I use to hike with . I don't really consider it exercise but more like site seeing . I throw about 25 to 40 lbs tied to the frame and go cruising . I walk about a mile and a half but it is one heck of a big hill I live on . I should take my I-Pad with me and get some pictures , never know what I might see out there .

21 - 40 of 42 Posts