Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpeg
After my last medical encounter , the doctors didn't want me doing anything physical . I sat and waisted away for almost a year and a half . As things were , I was not worth talking to so I sat quietly waiting ! I weren't gonna come here and cry but I did cry alone . :(

I finally got the OK from my doctors to slowly get back to life . They had removed a tumor from my brain and getting my strength back was out of the question for a time .

About ten weeks ago , it's time to get up and do things . Still jelly in the legs , I figured I'd crank up my leaf blower . It's the lightest , easiest to pull start out of all my Stihl tools so I'm gonna blow some leaves around . :( I was so weak , I could not start it ! :( .....:mad:......:cool:

OK dammit , time to get physical ....! :cool: Broke out my small bars and plates from 1 1/2 lbs through 10 lbs . . Small old fashion dum-bells . Three times a week , never looked back and ten weeks later , that leaf blower , weed-wacker and chain saw are buzzing away ! :)

I was not gonna come here and snivel like a little b---h ....! I am getting stronger and better each and every day ! :) Being physical my whole life only made getting back all the easier . I missed you all very much and have a lot of catching up to do . Let's do this ! :D

Oh , a picture of these old weights I been lugging around forever seems proper . I've got 8 bars with collars and about 200 lbs in various poundage plates from 1 1/2 lbs thru 10 lbs so
It's more than enough for this old fart to work with !

·
Premium Member
14,204 Posts
Welcome home.

Reactions: RJF22553 and dango

·
Premium Member
12,074 Posts
I didn't miss you at all, punk! While they had you open, I hope they put something in that looming cavern between your oversized ears! I bet the scar improved your looks!

Welcome back!

·
Premium Member
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I didn't miss you at all, punk! While they had you open, I hope they put something in that looming cavern between your oversized ears! I bet the scar improved your looks!

Welcome back!
They did take a little out , now my IQ is down to 186 .....! For the good news .....? I still am prettier than you ....! :p :D My pleasure to be back , I missed you ..! (Ack).....! :D

·
Administrator
34,282 Posts
What?! Back AGAIN? How many times do I have to ban you? :p

Good to see you, my friend. I was just thinking of sending C3 out to look for you.

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts

View attachment 231510 Broke out my small bars and plates from 1 1/2 lbs through 10 lbs . . Small old fashion dum-bells . Three times a week , never looked back and ten weeks later , that leaf blower , weed-wacker and chain saw are buzzing away ! :)
Gotta love simple strength workouts.

A couple of useful additions: weights in a ruck sack, walking distances or hiking trails; and, cycling.

Good to see you're getting back into the saddle, again.

Of course, in older phart territory, myself, the one appalling thing I've found out is: recovery time takes much longer than it once did. Goes with the territory. Better than the alternative, though.

·
Supporting Member
11,978 Posts
Dango
Glad you are back! It was a little amazing because I had planned early yesterday to ask if anyone had heard from you! And for sure was going to do that today. And here you are! :)Welcome back and good to hear you are making headway about getting back in the grove. Will take some time but you will do it.;)

Reactions: dango and RJF22553

·
Premium Member
12,027 Posts
It's about time! We all knew you are too stubborn to keep down. Know your limitations and don't over do it, give it hell, or something in between.

·
Premium Member
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'd known about that spot since the MRI done for my neck back in 2011 . They suggested to drill into my head then to have a look see ? They really didn't know what it was but it wasn't normal .

Drill into my head huh......hmmmmm......NO THANKS ...! Well , onward and upward .....! It never bothered me until a few years ago but it finally did . I've had some mighty trend setting hair-doos in the last decade , LOL ......! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,074 Posts
So what happens, if the part they took out was the part we liked?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts