I think i want a surplus CZ82, input please?

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by orangello, Jul 3, 2009.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

It seems plinking with the .45 is a luxury item nowadays due to ammo costs. I see the ammo for CZ82's is comparitively inexpensive (9x18). I am considering ordering a surplus CZ82 from J&G or CDNN in TX. I've heard nothing but good things about the CZ82, but have not shot one.

I do still have a .22 target pistol from my younger days & am picking up a pellet gun for the yard, but i want a reasonable sized pistol that i can afford to plink with frequently without having to sell my blood.

I don't mind a gun that is a bit worn, but i don't want a junker. I don't plan on competitively shooting unless my wallet is the prize. I do have access to a free place to shoot. I do have largish hands & find my XD45 very comfortable.

1. Does this seem like a reasonable purchase?

2. Would you suggest i purchase from a different source? (got a decent one for sale? :D )

3. Do you see any pitfalls with the CZ82, plinking-wise?

Thanks for your help!

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Maybe i should have put this in the "C & R" section. CDNN in Texas has them for $189 for their nicest grade.

3. seedy

seedy Member

Its a good purchase. Lets hope the ammo contiues to be availible at a moderate price. CZs are solid guns
    and I feel it would be hard to go wrong on one. The 9X18 has a little bit more pop then the .380. CD

4. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

I am going to pick one up this weekend at the gunshow in Phoenix. There is a shop a couple of hours away from here that has them at the same price you mentioned and will be at the show. They also have ammo for them at a reasonable price. 500 rounds for $106. Everything I have heard about them is good. At least I can find the ammo to shoot that I can't for my .45