I think I ****** up..

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by fupuk, Dec 5, 2012.

1. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Went to the range today with the wife and I rented a Springfield 1911 Trp. We shot about 100 rounds through it and she loved it. Now she wants a 1911 of her own. I havent bought my 1911 yet so niw when I go we will be getting two of them. I really dont know if thats a problem but its gonna cost me double for my 1911 now.

Attached Files:

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I got one in the classifieds that would make a great Christmas present ;)

3. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I would say you have done good, but youre just gonna have to spend a little more cash on Christmas presents this year. :D

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Dude you've created a monster! Before you know it many of your guns will be "hers".

Actually it's great to have a wife who enjoys similar things. :cool:

5. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I bought her a jframe a couple months ago for a carry weapon but she fell in love with John Browning.

6. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

LOL...a TRP too...$$$$$$$$$$ :D

7. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Yah we looked after we were done shooting and they wanted $1300 for one.

8. Powersportgiant

Powersportgiant New Member

$1300 for a TRP is not bad. They are well worth the money and you will not be disappointed.

Attached Files:

9. fmj

fmj Active Member

This is FACT! Learned the hard way. Turned my anti gun wife into a monster. Now i spend more time in the re-loading room to feed HER addiction than for my own.

Everyone in the house has laid claim to my S/A 1911.

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Buy her the gun and if you are nice she might let you shoot it once in while. She will let you buy ammo for her in any case.

11. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I buy guns as the opportunity presents it's self. I let my wife have first choice of the weapons in the house. I am a big guy. I wear jeans or uniform pants 99% of the time. She needs a weapon to suit the way she is dressed on a given day.

You might find a similar plan for your family. Quite often when my wife gets interested in a large gun after a few days of carrying one she loses interest. She has no interest in going to a public range. We have plenty of space here on the property to shoot. When she does shoot off the property it's several women at someones house. She doesn't appreciate the constant instruction she receives at public ranges. Especially when the so called "instructor" is younger than the number of years she has been shooting.

12. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Thats funny OP. I think you have done a good thing!!

13. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Thanks for all the support everyone. Me and my wife shoot together most of the time. We took your Cpl class together and now she wants a .45 what is the world coming to? I will either be getting her a new carry weapon or I will be carrying two 1911's.

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Quoted for truth. LOL

15. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

[​IMG]

Now you've done it.
    Just be glad you didn't rent a Wilson or a Nighthawk. ;)

16. -06

-06 New Member

JD, sent you a PM. My wife shoots a 45 fairly well but is small framed (well used to be--LOL) and wants a S&W snubbie like the one I gave our daughter. A bit reluctant as she loses things all the time. Thinking about that little Keltec P3. If/when she loses it I will not be crying. She wanted my Sig 232 but told her that was not going to happen.

17. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I have no problem getting high dollar items if shes gonna carry it. I would gladly spend the $2500+ on a firearm and hope she never uses it except for putting holes in paper. Only if she carries it and I know she would. We will be looking closer at 1911's really soon and I dont know how much damage were gonna do but I know we will love every minute of it.

18. jwalsh66

jwalsh66 New Member

Funny story about a nighthawk... I took my anti gun wife to the range with my brother and I and she decided to give it a try after just watching for awhile. So I rented her a .22 pistol to shoot. She shoots it once, looks at me and says "that's it?" I just about died laughing. So then she stepped up to my brothers beretta 92fs shot it a few times and decided to "borrow" the nighthawk I rented to decide if that was the gun I really wanted to buy. Well about 100 rounds later my wife went home with a nighthawk. She loves it to death and goes to ladies night at the local range twice a week. Shoot she even had me build an ar for her. That's the monster I created.

19. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Do your wallet a favor and check out a few SIG 1911s. Quite close in finish to a TRP and they start at about $750. Upgraded sights, etc., and your looking at about $1000. Very good CS and a lifetime warranty.

20. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I figured when we actually go and buy them im just gonna walk in and whatever pulls her in is what we will be buying for her. Im gonna be doing the same thing, but I already have a few ideas...