I think concealed should be concealed.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Rick1967, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

While I was at Chick Fil A having dinner my wife she told me that she bumped into a guy and noticed he was packing. This was during the massive crowds the other night. I turned and looked at the crowd. Without her telling me who it was I picked the guy out of the crowd in about 10 to 15 seconds. The guy was wearing a light purple T shirt. It printed so bad it just screamed "GUN!" Are people really that stupid? I had on a pair of cargo shorts with my Kahr in the front pocket in a pocket holster. No one would have any idea I was packing. With as many people as wear baggy clothes, why would anyone not wear a shirt that is a little big for them? I mean really, if you insist on covering your gun with nothing but a t shirt please get one that is big enough to hide your gun!

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

So... That really was a gun in your pocket?

3. vincent

vincent New Member

I'll play the devil's advocate here...What are the chances someone who is not aware of such things picking up on the fact this guy was carrying? I have to think most people not in "the know" are oblivious to such things. (If someone did notice they probably thought it was a cellphone...) I do understand what you're saying though.

I wonder what his reaction would have been if you'd pointed it out to him...If that were me, I'd want someone to tell me I was printing...cuz, ya know...concealed is concealed...:cool:

4. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

Vincent. I think you're onto something. Most people are completely oblivious to EVERYTHING. They live in their little bubble of cell phone, facebook and twitter and fail to see anything around them. I am going to bet that 99% of the anti's could not pick out a guy who was printing, hell I bet most of them would not even know the guy was packing if his shirt lifted and the grip was exposed. That said, I too feel concealed is concealed and that means not printing, I bet the guy knew he was printing, I mean who does not take a quick look in the mirror after they put on their EDC and do a quick check? Of course I can't carry in public, but I am able to at work and I make DAMN sure I am not printing. The last thing I need is some customer having a freak out.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Those of us who pack are more aware of others who pack because we "know" what "print" looks like and look to see who is failing.

Like getting a hug. When being approached by someone who I know is a "hugger", my arm on the firearm side is always presented lower, which forces the hugger's arm up and away from my piece.

6. vincent

vincent New Member

I have a mirror right next to the front door for that very reason...

7. Donn

Donn Active Member

Agree with Vincent & Dan. We know what to look for, people who don't carry, aren't looking. Cell phones are getting so big most people figure that's what they see. That said, Rick does have a point. Concealed means just that. The guy should've been more discreet, took a look before he left the house.

8. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

Hell a whole theater full of people didn't notice a guy carrying 3 guns dressed in armor. I think some of you guys need to get off your hall monitor horse and just mind your own business. I couldn't care less if somebody is printing it's none of my business.

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

it would be your business if you got a ticket or worse charges filed. because in some states printing is not legal!

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Until he's seen talking on his cell phone and the gun under his shirt is still printing. :D

I'm looking at this from a different point of view. I wonder if he WANTS people to see he's packing because he thinks it's cool. You know.........the "Mall Ninja" mentality.

11. winds-of-change

Relax. No one here is 'making it their business'. It's just a discussion going on.

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I wear relaxed fitted clothing, and i dont print a single bit "and thats with a fullsize 1911". He may have a holster that wasnt meant to conceal, your gun can be really hard to conceal in the summer if you dont have the right holster.

13. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

That's a good argument for "open" carry, as it protects you if somebody notices it.

Personally, unless he has it out, in the commission of a crime, it wouldn't bother me a bit. Just another person who shares views similar, if not the same as mine where guns are concerned.

14. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I'm perfectly relaxed. It just seems odd to me that people come here and complain about government intrusion into your lives then you want to intrude in someone else's business. If it's against the law to print then that's his problem. How does that affect you? 2A says his right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, so stop infringing. I'm happy for you if you don't want to print or open carry but please stop telling everybody else how to carry their weapon. We get enough of that from the libs.

15. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

My feeling is that concealed is concealed. I have no problem with open carry. I think the guy is a wanna be. He is trying to look tough. When my wife bumped into him she actually said "Your packing". His response was "100% of the time". If someone bumped into me and said that my reply would be, "I beg your pardon?" And I would act like I didnt know what they were talking about.

If I have to draw my weapon, I want it to be a total suprise to everyone involved..

Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  16. winds-of-change

Yep. That's what I posted earlier. I feel he wants people to know he's carrying without making it obvious he wants people to know he's carrying. :confused:

17. GlockRenegade

GlockRenegade New Member

He should have been smarter about it. Specially with what just happened in Colorado AND this Chic Fil A B.S. thats going on. Im just saying, no need to scare anyone or make it obvious - so I will also conclude he probably gets off on other people knowing that hes packing...

Anyone else craving a chicken sandwich?!?!?!

18. Longrange

Longrange New Member

Here in florida, I always wear a cover garment. The law reads that it is the officers discretion as to whether that could be brandishing. Too many liberal leo's here to take the chance. IWB I can easily cover with a t shirt, when I cant, I dont want anyone tk know.

19. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Do you really think stupid is the word you should've chosen? That's all I wear when I carry my gun, just pull my shirt over it and go on. I've only had one person ask about it in 6 years of carrying. BTW the laws in my state are pretty lax when it comes to firearms. Indiana has no 'go to jail if your printing law' so I dress for the weather. When its 105 and so humid you can hardly breath the last thing I'm gonna do is wear more than one shirt.

20. P_town

P_town New Member

In my opinion that was concealed. This shirt was over it was it not? And not everyone you see in public is looking for guns on everyone's hip. Some of y'all paranoid people may but I carry my gun so I can enjoy myself at times And feel safe while having fun with the people in with. And not mention the girls haha. Some of us like to dress nice for the ladies and sorry guys but baggy loose shirts dont cut it. If I'm printing oh well, as long as its still in my pants I don't care