I sure raised some dumb A* daughters

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by partdeux, Sep 2, 2012.

1. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

aka What a nice police man.

45 in a 30
    burned out headlight
    no proof of insurance (req'd)

Two fix it tickets, and no speeding ticket.

Been telling her for months now, she's going to get tagged for her incessant speeding. Especially around here, they have units set up just for traffic "control".

She got her new proof of insurance, and left it on the counter... didn't think it was important to put it in the car, because she had the prior one in there... which is from a different company and even listed her old address.

she still had one working headlight, didn't think it mattered.

{sigh}

She has yet to ask me to fix her headlight.

And she's smarter then the other one.

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

"I sure raised some dumb A* daughters"

Admission of guilt? ;) If it's your fault, then it's your responsibility for paying those tickets! And if your paying for their mistakes, then your not done raising, get back to work.

3. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

It sounds like the cop wants a date.

4. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Partdeux, it's all part of a process called, "growing up". What lessons I refused to embrace from my parents and others, life has thumped me on. I am sure it is much the same with your daughters. Question is, how much tolerance to this thumping will they have before things start clicking.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Take her to the auto parts store.
    Get the bulb
    Take her home
    Walk her thru HER installing the headlight.

Oldest daughter will be 51 this month. On her first car, she could fix a flat, change the oil, pull the radiator to go to the shop, change spark plugs, etc. Involved Dad sitting to one side, talking her through it, lending muscle to get a stubborn lug nut started, ect.

Officer Friendly will teach her the cost of speeding if she cannot raise her right foot. Let her know what the total cost is for a 15 mph ticket, and effect on insurance rates.

6. TWMIM

TWMIM New Member

I'm having car trouble, and it sounds like oldest daughter knows more than I do. Send her over.:eek:

7. gollygee

gollygee New Member

Some kids just have to learn the hard way. :( It's called "experience" which is something a person gains, usually after doing something wrong. :) I think we all have gained some of that kind of experience at one time or the other.;)

8. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

The less you teach'em the longer you keep'em

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It used to be that girls were the cautious ones. Their insurance was cheaper than boys the same age. Having raised two daughters, two step daughters and a step son I can say girls today are some of the most scatterbrained, ZERO common sense, stubborn, entitled, airheads I have ever seen. Finding a well grounded female under 25 would be like finding gold. Come to think of it boys seem to be just as stupid these days. Humans may be physically maturing at a faster rate, but they are emoptionally maturing at a MUCH slower rate.

I am sooo glad I am way out of that age range and not chasing those skirts.

10. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

She sounds younger than 23. Wait till she turns 25 or so. Maturity will set in however belatedly. Lots of luck in the meantime. :D

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Lol, I just heard yesterday, experience is something you gain about 15 seconds after you needed it!

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree here. I have raised two sons and a daughter. My daughter was the most difficult to raise. We never could understand each other, it seemed. She is now 26 and we are very good friends. It just about killed me to raise her but she is an awesome, intelligent young lady now.

13. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

one month short of 21.

She's done some stupid stuff. She's been taught how to change tires, change the oil, take care of a car... and yet!

Her maturity comes in fits and starts. Three steps forward, 2.5 back :)

I did help her with buying her house. We own the mortgage, so I must have same expectations of maturity.

Should have eaten both of them before they turned into teenagers :)

14. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Experience is a tough teacher,
    it gives you the consequences before the lesson.

15. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I've got my insurance card on my phone, the one in the car is often out dated but I can show proof of insurance by pulling up my USAA app. It's worked for me everywhere except military bases when I'm trying to get a base sticker, they make me fax or email them a copy.

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Glad to hear it's worked for you. I'm with USAA too and can quickly pull mine up, but a lot of officers don't accept it.

17. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Maybe it's a state by state thing.

18. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The insurance companies are a part of a network that puts insurance info in a database. I can run a license plate from my car and in less than 2 seconds it gives me owner info and insurance info. Allegedly the system is updated before you even leave the agent's office.

19. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Then why would le issue a ticket for not having proof of insurance, if they can see it on a computer screen ?

20. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

I think that law is written to have proof of insurance.