I see S&Wvs.Glock,Glockvs.XD,XDvs.S&W&Glock, ect..

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by DodgerBlue, Feb 19, 2012.

1. DodgerBlue

DodgerBlue New Member

Why donesn't Hk ever get mentioned in these battle of the semi-autos?

Just asking. I'm going to guess however it's the price difference.

2. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

Cuz they r EXPENSIVE.

3. NvRbanArms

NvRbanArms New Member

4. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Imo price difference. The major battles are over $500 guns, how much does it take to start into an hk?

5. 1HotMama

1HotMama New Member

Because the one I want (HK Elektra) costs twice as much as my Glock. That's a whole lotta ammo money :) Maybe if I'm a very good girl Santa will bring me one, but that's about my best chance right now.

6. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

Cost is the number one reason. All the rest are under 600 you can't find a HK under 800 makes a huge difference for not a lot more as far as Eros and function. My opinion though, many may find me wrong.

7. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Because when you have one of the best guns money can buy ! What are you going to compare it to a gun made in Bosnia these are the same people that brought you the yogo. or a square block like a glock. But these are my opinions

image-3842691428.jpg

8. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Love H&K's! But my theory is (and some may disagree :p) the S&W's, XD's and Glocks offer similar performance for half the price. It's like comparing a mustang to an Audi R8, sure the stang has potential to keep up BUT the R8 will always get more respect IMO which makes it a not so fair comparison.

Of course there is always the H&K vs Sig battle :p

9. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I like the way you think lol

10. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

I agree. Note: Glock has polygonal rifling but advises against lead ammo, HK & Kahr also have polygonal rifling but have no warning. Yet, both are above the $5-600 price level. Do you get what you pay for ? It's a personal call but my .02 is yes. ( I paid $522 for USP 45 in 1996)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  11. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Lmao, SSGSF your Exactly right, theres no comparison.... thats why they are excluded from the comparison game.

12. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

HK USP .40, my baby.

Attached Files:

13. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

that's a fine piece ya have there... what's one of those run ya now days?

14. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

I've seen used ones run around 600, new you can get em 800 and up, depending on variant. Pricey but imo absolutely worth every penny.

15. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Here is my piece 45 12+1 no safety no decock. double action only variant 7

image-861001964.jpg

16. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

H&K's are excellent guns. But honestly, they themselves feel a bit "blocky" in the grip to me. The P30 is about the only current model with decent ergos for me (and its pretty great). It's also hard to wrap my head around dropping much more than $600 on a plastic pistol...much less $1000. I'm sure a ton of shooters can identify with that. I guess I did pay almost $700 for my XDm45 though.

When I think about what pistols I'd be willing to sink $700-1200 into, there are three that come immediately to mind: 1911s, alloy Sigs, and maybe a nice performance center S&W revolver. If the day ever comes that I do drop $1K on tupperware, it'll probably be an FN 5.7. Just my own preferences.

17. Bear304inc

Bear304inc New Member

Now that's a beauty, doesnt get much better than that..

18. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

Thank you .

One thing we need to remember is a gun is like a car we all have different taste What I think fit me mite not fit someone else . It would we very boring on this forum if we all had the exact same gun.

19. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

SSGF - why did you decide on DAO ? I have USP and USPC but both are DA/SA w decocker on safety which I think is variant 1. I love to carry locked & cocked just like my 1911.

The platform is one of the most tested on the planet. It's accuracy & reliability are legendary but ergonomics are not one of its many virtues.

20. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

whet guns are made in bosnia?glocks are made in austria xds are croatia and smith and wesson america.hks are made in germany im confused i guess.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012