I saw this Ruger 10/22 for sale today

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by GeneralPatton, Feb 20, 2013.

1. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

So, I saw this for sale today at the range. I thought it looked pretty cool, tastefully so more than some of the other stuff I've seen (not tacticool either) I went to take a look at it, thinking how people always say they get the 10.22 for like $300 or $400 bucks......this one has a few addons, thinking maybe $500......no....$1200. I was like, :eek:! I had no idea those things got that expensive. Granted I don't know the ins and outs of the aftermarket for Rugers, but dam. Is there anything left of the factory rifle there?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 762

762 Member

the 10/22 is like the AR of rimfire....so many accessories for those damn things. wish i had picked one up a few years ago. i remember seeing them for $199 for a brand new base model.

that one is blinged out for sure though, looks like a match trigger, extended mag release, weaver type rail on top of the receiver, bull barrel (either threaded for the brake or the brake is built in) then there's the stock.

i think remington is trying to get in the game now too with their new 597s
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Maybe the cocking handle. MAYBE.:)

I don't have any doubt that somebody has $1200 in that one. Depending
    on the brand of scope it might even be more.

4. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Well, the trigger, alone, is probably $250. Tricked-out 10/22's are like hot rods. The parts you put into them you probably just are not going to get the value for them back. Though he has $1200 on it, there are only so many people who will pay that.

If I had that kind of money for a rimfire rifle, I'd rather put the parts together, myself. In fact, I just bought a stock 10/22 stainless (for $350) to start that process for myself.

5. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I wouldn't mind building a tack driving .22, but I just have this mental dislike for the Ruger name. It has nothing to do with the company, nor is it saying that they don't make quality products......it's just like a Ford vs Chevy thing. If you're a ford man, you bleed ford blue and you'd rather drink turpentine and piss on a fire then drive a chevy. :D I've never been impressed or excited by anything Ruger I've seen.....besides that 1022 I was also looking at a Ruger (Blackhawk I think?) that was brand new in the box, black with white grips, came with .45LC and .45ACP cylinders for $500. Doesn't seem like to bad a deal, but I just can't get over that whole it's a Ruger thing. I've been hunting for a reasonably priced 1890's Colt SAA forever.....wanting a shooter not a collectible. I dunno how to explain it, the Colts I've handled, it's kinda like making a connection with the weapon. The Rugers, I kinda feel like I'm waking up next to a fat chick. :eek:

6. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

I bought mine for $229

7. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

molonlabexx... Your what? Your stock, blued 10/22 you bought before December?

8. RustyShackleford101

RustyShackleford101 New Member

That is one bada$$ Ruger. I can't see any stock parts on it. I could definitely see over a grand in that rifle, maybe even more.

9. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

I took a look at the R 597's, they look pretty good. I'm sure they don't have quite the amount of aftermarket parts yet that the Ruger does. I've seen a couple 10-22's in the $200-$300 range in stock form recently. What did a stock one cost, prior to November? The $229 as the poster above paid or what?

10. AR10

AR10 New Member

Looks like a close resemblance to one of mine.

Attached Files:

11. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton New Member

Dude, I wanna play pool with your "house rules!"

12. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Not even the receiver.

13. hitekrdnk

hitekrdnk New Member

I bought my 10/22 in October of 2012 at Wally World for $199.00. I have since added a Hogue overmolded stock and 4x32 Bushnel scope to it and have about $325 or so into it, not counting extra mags. If you are still finding them in the $200-300 range then thats not too bad in this market. They are a nice little rifle and fun too shoot, but I could never put the money into mine that others do. I just can't justify the cost.