I received my NRA Instructor Certificate today.

Discussion in 'Training & Safety' started by Rick1967, Oct 22, 2018.

1. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Haha one of your students (black t shirt) looks/dresses just like me from the back.. except maybe he is a bit younger :D

PS: I also like how you present yourself. Grey beard is perfect. I believe from pre history this makes you the kind of person that humans are archetypically designed for to listen to. It's a psychological trick used by the most successful instructors.

2. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have not been on here in quite a while. I got to reading through this and thought I would update what has been going on. God has truly blessed me. There is no other way to explain it. I said back in January that I would like to teach 6 classes in 2020. I figured a class every other month on top of my regular job and my IDPA responsibilities would be plenty. Well...I just taught my 22nd class on Saturday! And I have three more scheduled. It has been insane. I have been doing a lot of private instruction. Couples classes have become quite popular.

3. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Congratulations on going "great guns" this year. Funny, how the stars align sometimes.

Of course, it's not as though you needed any more sleep. Twenty-two classes! That's just what you needed. The pocket change can't hurt, and I'm sure the comfort is great knowing you're helping dozens more getting capable of defending themselves.

4. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I have now quit teaching the classes altogether. As time went on, I kept getting more and more concerned about the liability. It was fun, and I had a ball doing the classes but all good things come to pass.

5. Rick1967

Everyone signs a waiver. And I have a $1,000,000 liability policy.

Rifling82 likes this.
  6. Rick1967

Talk about getting enough sleep...IDPA Promoted me to Chief Safety Officer, then Safety Officer Instructor and now I am the State Coordinator for Colorado. I am currently recruiting 54 Safety Officers and Chief Safety Officers for the 2021 Rocky Mountain Regional Championships. We expect more than 350 shooters. I am seriously considering early retirement.

Rifling82 and Oldoutlaw like this.