I quit drinking last week, now i'm tired all the time?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Fuzzy, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Fuzzy

Fuzzy New Member

Seemed like a more interesting idea to collect a variety of opinions, because googling for health questions (especially for a person with an anxiety disorder) is always a bad route for me to go.

Anyway, I totally didn't expect this. Maybe it'll go away after a few more weeks.

I was on average killing a 750ml of vodka or equivalent per week. Sometimes in a few days. for the last few years.

So yeah, this kind of withdrawal effect, apparently I had a problem.

Why didn't I think I had a problem? It didn't slow down my work or school, in fact I've been getting promotions and top grade earnings.. though I SUDDENLY realized I got 'suckier' and suckeir at my previously teaching-worthy piano skills, so that's why I stopped, for piano!

Now I'm scrambling to re-learn some Mozart and Beethoven classics. Tough with this lethargy.

2. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Good luck with that. I quit about 5 years ago, I missed it for a while, but my life has improved a great deal without it. You will get over the tiredness and will feel terrific.

3. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Regular exercise, if you don't already do it, will help greatly. Just EASE into it.

4. Fuzzy

Fuzzy New Member

Thanks man, wasn't sure what kinda replies I'd get since I'm still new-ish here. :)

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Im sure that these symptoms will be expected for a little while until your body is used to being alcohol free. alcoholism greatly effects everyone around you even though you may not notice it directly or think that you have a problem. My mother has been an alcoholic all of my life and it has greatly effected my mentality for women. My grandmother raised me all of my life because the alcohol was more important than i was to her, i still dont trust women to this day and it does effect my marriage at times.My wifes mother is also an alcoholic and she has just gotten her 2nd DUI and still drives intoxicated everwhere she goes. The main thing that ive noticed with alcoholism is that nobody thinks that they have a problem. My mother still denies having a drinking problem and will still deny everything that she has done to me throughout my life,and says that she was a great parent. My wifes mother will just laugh and make jokes about the embarassing behavior that she displays,throwing rolls in a restaraunt,making childish noises, being obnoxious at holiday dinners,etc.. i have a ton of respect for someone that knows that they drink way to much and has the will to stop,My hats off to you

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

You were sucking down a lot of carbs in that vodka, which you are not getting now. Get some granola bars, kind with a bit of chcolate, see if that helps when you need a boost. Apples and pears also good.

7. downsouth

downsouth New Member

Hey Fuzzy good for you! You are on a good road, I commend you sir. When you get this thing licked I was wondering if you are going to change your username to, clear?

Good luck and keep us posted, you may be the inspiration for others on the forum.

PS When shoobe sees your post he will dial you in with a 37 step program or something.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  8. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Maybe there's hope for me yet. Youre gonna half ta follow through to convince my drunken *** though. No pressure.

JK . sincere applause from this corner.:D

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

I quit drinking so much in 2008, now I might have a beer or 3 every other month.

I see no real benefits from it in my life. I'm not happier, I don't feel better, I've gained weight since then, I have much more issues with my anger problems, the PTSD affects me more... The only good thing that seems to have come from it is the money in my pocket, and my wife isn't botching about it (she found other stuff to botch about)

Not trying to discourage you, but I wish the wagon would hit a pot hole, bounce me off, and leave me in the dust with my beer.

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

11. griffin81

griffin81 New Member

Good luck with it!

play the victim, be the victim

12. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Start smokin pot. Lol we all have vices, find one that works.

13. Fuzzy

Fuzzy New Member

haha yes, that's a great idea.. nevermind the fact i really dislike the pot high and i'm too productive an individual to desire it even if I liked it.

Naw.. I wanna get used to not needing -anything- again, mainly to not lose my 9 years of piano lesson skills! I'm 26, maybe I'll do some vice again at 50 if my life's not perfect as it could be right now heh.

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Fuzzy, I'm proud of you. Try to get a walk in every day and start eating healthy, nutritious foods. You're body will rebound and heal the damage that has been done by so much alcohol. You have just done a great thing for yourself.

Have you ever eaten at Parker's Lighthouse? I have and it was great food and a beautiful view. It was a wonderful experience. :)

15. Josh1158

Josh1158 New Member

Yeah pot does make you cool with just doin nothing. But with this medical movement each stran is way different from the next. Indicas make you melt into the couch but, sativeas are more like a lets go do **** high. And you can't tell me pot hasn't had a effect on music. But hay, different strokes for different foks. What ever floats yer boat.

16. jsbowman

jsbowman New Member

5.5 years sober.. Congrats keep it up